November 20, 2020 at 8:22 pm #31397
When one of our ActiView document cameras is plugged into a power source the light blinks blue. It will not turn off unless unplugged nor does it ever turn to a steady blue light. We have connected the camera to multiple devices and tried a variety of different cords. The Promethean board doesn’t recognize the camera. Any suggestions on how to get the camera working would be appreciated.
November 24, 2020 at 12:24 pm #31443Craig PrometheanModerator
Thank you for your post.
Can you confirm if anything else happens when connecting the ActiView? Does it ever work or is it showing no image and a blinking blue light constantly?
We look forward to hearing from you.
December 2, 2020 at 6:46 pm #31590
It shows no image, just the blink blue light.
December 4, 2020 at 10:59 am #31627Craig PrometheanModerator
Can you please remove the power cable from the ActiView and leave it disconnected and the re-connect to see if a power reset helps.
Please let us know the results.
December 4, 2020 at 12:09 pm #31629
Done – it is still blinking blue with no image showing.
December 7, 2020 at 6:13 pm #31671Karen PrometheanModerator
The blinking blue light indicates issues with the power supply unit.
Please test a known working AV324 power supply unit/cable with the ActiView to see if that remedies the issue.
We look forward to your reply.
December 8, 2020 at 4:40 pm #31700
We have used a cords (power and video) that we know work on other document cameras with no success.
December 9, 2020 at 4:24 pm #31727Slim PrometheanModerator
Thank you for your reply.
In order to better diagnose the issue, please follow these instructions in the below order and test the ActiView after each step.
1. Check that the appropriate source is selected on the video output device. If USB is being used, ensure that either the ActiView standalone OR ActiView tool in ActivInspire is being used, not both.
2. Power off the ActiView and ensure the dip switches are set to the default position.
3. Ensure the latest ActiView Driver version (5.18.19) is installed. You can download the latest version directly from this link: https://support.prometheanworld.com/product/-activdriver-
We hope this helps resolve the matter.
Please let us know if we can be of any other assistance.
Promethean Technical Support
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Release notes for ActivInspire v2.21 (released 5 January 2021)
- Release notes for ActivPanel Elements Series v4.3.0 (released 16 December 2020) and v4.3.1 (released 7 January 2021)
- Release notes for myPromethean portal v1.4 (released 2 December 2020)
- Release notes for ActivConnect OPS-G v2.4.4 (released 16 October 2020)
- Release Notes for ActivPanel Elements Series v4.2.0 (released 30 September 2020)