Interactive Whiteboards
  • This topic has 22 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 22 reply threads
  • Author
      Jeffrey EckerJeffrey Ecker
      Participant

I am running ActivInspire 2.4.66. I am wondering if you have any information on its compatibility with Windows 10.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Jeffrey,

Thank you for your post.

At present, our software and drivers support up to Windows 8. It is more than likely that our products will function with Windows 10 and if there are any issues we can raise these. When the operating system is supported, this will be communicated on our websites.

Please let us know if you require further details.

Kind regards,

Miguel
      Promethean Technical Support

Anonymous
      Inactive

I hope this is really soon. We have Surface Pro 3’s with Windows 10 for some of the teachers and it is being a problem. A major problem. I would love to talk to someone in regards to our issues and see what are some proactive steps we can take.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I too wanted to upgrade my home computer (which I use for work) to Windows 10, but I am afraid it won’t be compatible with activinspire. I hate Windows 8.1 and I heard 10 is great. I need to upgrade as soon as possible. Please confirm when activinspire will be compatible with Windows 10.
      Thanks,
      Ronit

Anonymous
      Inactive

We have the same problem. We have 50 teacher laptops which have all upgraded to Windows 10 and now no teacher can use it. Any updates would be great especially about expected time frames for official support.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I have the same problem also and I am sure many teachers out there are struggling too but not mentioning here…This is a major problem when Promethean prides itself on being the go to company for educational technology! So sad….

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello dear all, I am an ActivInspire user working with W 10 and the last Inspire version.
      What kind of problem you have, my computer works better in Windows 10 than W8.

I am attaching an image where you will see both working so good to me.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I had heard that the flipchart files became corrupted once opened and saved in Windows 10. I have been using my Windows 8 machine for the most part and am now scared to try the Windows 10 machine!

Anonymous
      Inactive

I cannot open ActivInspire. I have Windows 10. It says it doesn’t know how to open the file. I have been sent a presentation I have to deliver on Wednesday morning. Can anyone tell me how to open it?

Anonymous
      Inactive

I have also been using ActivInspire with Windows 10 and haven’t encountered any problems. It is my home computer and not connected to a Promethean Board, but no issues.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Were you using it before you switched to Windows 10? That might explain why your computer is able to use it still. The company has admitted that they haven’t’t made the changes necessary for ActivInspire to be compatible with Windows 10.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Yes this compatibility action needs to be prioritized as many people/educators are upgrading from Windows 7 to 10. I am holding off from upgrading my main laptop, but I have windows 10 on another and it is awesome, so please Promethean please ensure AI’s compatibility!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Is there any updates on when Promethean will be Windows 10 compatible as updated Surface pro before realising that it would cause issues and while I can do a basic presentation, I can not use any of the functions like turn pages.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I already installed latest version of ActivInspire and ActivDriver but i can’t launch ActivInspire in my laptop. What’s the cause of it?

Anonymous
      Inactive

nawfel

Anonymous
      Inactive

nawfel

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi there, apologies for the delay in responding to this one!  We now have both ActivDriver and ActivInspire versions with full Windows 10 support.

At the time of posting this, the latest version of ActivDriver is 5.12.17 and the latest version of ActivInspire is 2.5.66477.

To keep up to date with all of our software please go to https://support.prometheanworld.com/ and check the software download section as this is where all of our latest software is published.

If we can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to get back in touch.

Kind Regards,
      Paul

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi. All the features worked well except for screen recording. I have the latest version of ActivInspire (V-2.4) installed on Windows 10. When I am using the screen recorder and opening the saved video file, although the sound is being recorded and played, I cannot see the flipchart image I am annotaing and I am just seeing a black screen when the video is playing. Before I installed it on Windows 10 this feature worked well. Can you please advise me how I can solve the problem since this is a very useful feature? Thanks

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi. Most features work well in my case. Please can you check for me whether screen recording is working well since when I am using the screen recorder and opening the saved video file, although the sound is being recorded and played, I cannot see the flipchart image I am annotating and I am just seeing a black screen when the video is playing. Before I installed it on Windows 10 this feature worked well. Can you please advise me how I can solve the problem since this is a very useful feature? Thanks

Anonymous
      Inactive

I have a problem with screen recording. The sound is being recorded but no image is shown when the video was played. I have always used this feature before but I wasn’t using Windows 10.

Another issue is that I have ActivInspire 2.4 installed. When I tried to update online from the Help menu in ActivInspire I am being told that I have the latest version. I am attaching a screenshot of the message. From your post I realised that the latest version is 2.5. Please how can I update. Is the option to update from the software itself no longer available? Thanks for your help.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Tainia,

I have replied on your other post, in case anyone else is looking at this page and asking the same question, then please follow this link:

https://support.prometheanworld.com/download/activinspire.html

From here you can download the latest version of ActivInspire with full Windows 10 support.

Kind Regards,
      Paul

Anonymous
      Inactive

I am having the same issue under version 2.8.66693.  I have updated any everything but no luck.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi JSlucas,

Thanks for posting.

What is your current screen resolution on the computer? 

Also, if you go to use the screen recorder, once selected press the on M icon and try playing around with different codecs on your computer (each computer is different to what has been installed). See if this helps to record the video correctly.
      Also, what application are you using to play the file? Does it work if you use VLC Media Player? 

Thanks,
      Adam

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.