Software Solutions
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Ruth BRuth B
      Participant

Hello! I’ve read through the various posts regarding compatibility with Mac Catalina, and am a bit confused as to whether it’s now possible and if it is, I’m unfortunately having problems with downloading ActivInspire on to my Mac.

I have a lot of Flipcharts from school on my Mac laptop that I now need for teaching – I need some way to open then up on my Mac. So I’ve downloaded the ActivDriver for Mac OS as well as ActivInspire for Mac, processed them through applications, clicked agree etc, but it still doesn’t seem to end up with giving me ActivInspire.

Just FYI I used to have and use ActivInspire on my Mac before it was upgraded to Catalina.

My main and desperate plea is – can I access my flipcharts? Even if it’s via some kind of host on Google Chrome or something, if that makes sense?

Thank you in advance for any help!

Paul PrometheanPaul Promethean

Hi Ruth and thanks for posting!

ActivInspire is supported on Catalina but the likelihood is that you will have had one of the older versions of 32bit ActivInspire installed and since you have moved to the 64bit only Catalina thats what is causing the problem.

To Fix this you need to perform a manual uninstall as per this article: https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/1646/

Once done fully reboot your Mac and install the latest version from us and you should be able to access all of your content once again!

If you need anything else please let us know.

Kind regards,

Paul

Promethean Technical Support

Ruth BRuth B
      Participant

Thanks so much for your prompt help Paul! I began to follow the steps, however haven’t been able to locate my ActivInspire Licence Key. When I follow the steps for Mac, I reach the point of accessing the Promethean folder, which next directs me to 2 folders: ActivInspire Resources and Atlas, neither of which seem to contain a file ‘The .inspire_license.xml’. Sorry, what can I do to locate the Licence Key before uninstalling?

Many thanks!

Ruth

Hi Ruth,

Hmm, did you definitely have the professional edition unlocked previously or were you on the free trial perhaps?  Sorry I dont have a Mac handy to check myself but this article might go more in depth on how to see the file: https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/1084/  Being able to access and view hidden files and folders is the critical point here I think!

Absolute worst case scenario, if you install but you only have the personal edition due to not having a licence file you will at least e able to access and open your flipcharts but many of the authoring tools are missing so it depends how much you are wanting to do with them once you do have access?

I hope you manage to find the licence file and get up and running!

Kind regards, Paul Promethean Technical Support

Ruth BRuth B
      Participant

Hello again, thanks for all your support. So, I have used the Mac shortcuts in order to access and view hidden files, alas still not seeing the licence key. I have used ActivInspire on my laptop for 3 years, it was setup by my school, so definitely not a free trial.

I suppose if worst comes to worst, I mainly just need to access the old flipcharts and be able to copy some of the images/ resources and paste them elsewhere, and screenshot some of the slides which again, I can paste elsewhere. How should I go about gaining such access? Uninstall (without obtaining a licence key) and re-download ActivInspire?

Thank you Paul!

Ruth

Hi Ruth,

Yes follow the uninstall instructions as best you can and then after a reboot do a fresh install of 2.19 and you should be good to go!  I am hopeful that although your licence is missing you may be entitled to the free trial meaning you would have 60 days of professional to get you started!

Good Luck!

Paul

Promethean Technical Support

Ruth BRuth B
      Participant

Hallo Paul! I’m in! Hurrah! Indeed I’m only on the 60-day trial having rummaged every file, folder and search bar for the license key to no avail, but I’ll spend the next 60 days downloading/copying/converting all the images and slides I need before it runs out.

Thanks so much for your help and patience!

Cheers, Ruthie

Eddie PrometheanEddie Promethean

Hi Ruthie,

We are glad to hear that you are up and running.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Best regards,

Eddie

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.