Interactive Whiteboards
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Blair Tatom HealdBlair Tatom Heald
      Participant

Our school has100 series Promethean Boards. We have Inspire professional v. 1.8.64868. We are connected to the boards using MacAirs OSX 10.7.5. Why are the pens not working? I have seen similar questions posted but no answers for our concern. Maybe firmware?

Thank you for your help!
      Blair

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Blair, 

Welcome to the Support Community! 
      Quick question:  has it ever worked with this setup?  Or are the Mac Airs new? 
      Check if they are using a USB 2.0 or 3.0 port if they are new and its never worked with these. 

Either way, make sure you are using the latest version of ActivInspire/Driver. Disconnect the board from the USB, then go to our Planet website and download ActivInspire version 2.2, which I have linked here

Alternatively, give our Tech Support a quick call and they will talk you through the troubleshooting, your reference is : 00465094

Anonymous
      Inactive

We have Inspire professional v. 1.8.64868. When I check for updates, it tells me I have the latest version. When I use your link, it takes me to the download site to purchase software. We have 100 series Promethean Boards. We have bought rights to the Professional version just months ago but I am unsure if I can use the same key to download this version 2.2. The MacBook Airs  were purchased in 2013 and have 3.0 usb ports. Any further input or would you suggest a tech support call still?

Thank you!
      Blair

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Blair, 

Please use the link to download and Inspire 2.2, it is not available from the automated update under the ActivInspire menu yet. 
      Although it gives you the option to put in a serial key, this is not a mandatory field, you can download and install the software without it. 
      After you have installed the software, click on Help – Info and make sure you are still on the Professional version. If not, then you are perfectly ok to put in the serial key again. 
      A valid Inspire key will start with 0015 or 0016. 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.