What is ActivInspire?
  • This topic has 7 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Carey HodgsonCarey Hodgson
      Participant

Can’t get pen to work!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Carey,

Thank you for posting on the Support Community.

We would recommend ensuring that the USB cable is connected to the ActivPanel.
      Depending on the model of ActivPanel you have, this may appear in the ActivManager Control panel. If it does, there should be no issues with using your finger/stylus on the ActivBoard for interaction.

If you require any further help please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Thanks,
      Adam
      Promethean Technical Support

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thats all hooked up. It works as a mouse on the ActivPanel but I can’t work out how to make it write. The instructions for “Binding the Digital Pen” in the ActivPanel Pen User Manual are totally blurry and I cant figure out how to do it

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Carey,

Thank you for your reply.

Please refer to article 11202 on http://www.PrometheanKB.com which may help further on this issue.

This will also show you how to bind the digital pen using ActivManger. Please ensure you are using the latest version of ActivManager as this is required for binding.

If you aren’t using the latest version of the ActivManager driver, please uninstall the current activdriver from the computer and restart.
      Once restarted please go to article 10902 and download the latest version of the driver.

I hope this information helps.

Kind regards,
      Adam

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Adam

The pictures in article 11202 are impossible to decipher as in the user guide….

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Carey,

1. Click on ActivManager and select Control Panel.
      2. Select the ActivPanel listed under the hardware tab.
      3. Select 5th button along at the bottom
      4. Press in the nib and the button at the same time on the digital pen until the pen icon is shown at the side of step 3.
      5. Click on the button again to finish the binding of the pen.

You will need to ensure that you are using ActivManager version 5.11 or higher. It is possible depending on ActivPanel version you currently have, you may require a firmware upgrade if you are not able to do this step.

Adam

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Adam,

Thanks, I have followed the above steps, and the pen has been added and recognised. Next problem, how do I get the pen to write instead of just using it as a mouse.

Thanks

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Carey,

To draw / write using the ActivPen you may need to change a few settings in ActivInspire.

Please open the software and go to file > Settings > Dual mode ActivBoards and change the following –

Touch input handling – Touch or Stylus
      Touch interoperability – Default
      Default select tool – Select
      Default page turn gestures – ticked
      Default object interaction mode – Any

Thanks,

Craig

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.