What is ActivInspire?
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Clare QuigleyClare Quigley
      Participant

Since upgrading to Flash 21 all machines with the ActivInspire driver installed is popping up with an ActivSDK Flash extension error, saying the Flash player plugin is not installed. Flash works on web sites, in Powerpoint etc, and is seen in Add and Remove Programs. I need to either resolve this error message, or prevent the pop up on over 100 machines, so the solution does need to be “deployable”

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi,

Thank you for your post.

Does the error appear as soon as you open ActvInspire?
      Does the error prevent you from using ActivInspire? Or does it still open?
      What is the operating system?
      What is the version of ActivInspire?

Thank you

Miguel
      Promethean Technical Support

Anonymous
      Inactive

The error appears at logon, before ActivInspire is started. ActivInspire can still be used without issue. We are using Win 7 Enterprise. We are using version 1.7.62196.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello,

Please answer these questions. What is the operating system? What is the version of ActivInspire?

If using a Windows operating system, ensure you have the latest version of Flash player, If using a Mac operating system, please ensure you have the latest version of Java installed on the computer and any older versions removed.

Clear out the temp folder and re-start the computer.

Please let us know if this resolves the issue.

Regards,
      Frances

Anonymous
      Inactive

The operating system is Windows 7 and the latest version of flash (21) is installed. This information is either in my original post or my last reply. It is happening on all 101 machines, so I doubt the temp folder is to blame.

Anonymous
      Inactive

To prevent this message from appearing, you will need to remove the ActivDriver currently installed on the computers on which this error presents and install our updated 5.12 ActivDriver.

That updated Driver can be downloaded from the ActivDriver page on Promethean Support. Be advised that this is not available as an MSI; Article 1156, also on Promethean Support, will advise you on deploying that upgraded driver over a network.

You can also download the updated version 2.6 ActivInspire software from Promethean Support on the ActivInspire Page, if that update is needed as well.

(Support Case 00637558)

Anonymous
      Inactive

We currently deploy the driver to both USB and serial boards – will this driver install both automatically, and if not, how do I push that?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi,

Sorry for the long post though we wanted to include all of the relevant information so you can make an informed decision on what is best for you.

First, to answer your direct question the instructions for the Network install for Driver 5.12 details how to include the serial portion of the driver when deploying.

It is important to understand that driver 5.12 does work with boards connected via serial, though it does not currently auto connect at startup. In instances where there is a serial connection the user would need to open the ActivManager Control panel and connect manually each day.

Also, because you mentioned that you are running ActivInspire V1.7. If you choose to upgrade the ActivDriver we would also recommend upgrading ActivInspire as well. Changes have been made within the ActivDriver and ActivInspire since the release of V1.7 and you may experience other issues if you choose to update the driver and not ActivInspire. We would recommend updating both and possibly moving away from the serial connections though you do have other options.

One option would be to uninstall / remove the ActivSDK. To do this you would need to launch the ActivDriver Installer (for the version currently on the system), and modify the installation. When done you will see the option to remove the SDK. This would need to be done on each individual machine and is my least favorite option.

Your final option is to fix what is causing the flash error. The ActivSDK uses Flash for Internet Explorer, also known as Flash ActiveX. Installing this should resolve the issue / prevent the error from occurring. (Do a search for “Flash for other browsers” to find it easily). In my opinion updating the Driver & ActivInspire is still a better option though this would at least resolve the error you are seeing.

Hope this helps though please let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you

Miguel
      Promethean Technical Support

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.