Accessories
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Chris RasileChris Rasile
      Participant

We have had several teachers upgrade to Catalina on their Macs, but once they do this ActiView stops working since it is a 32 bit application. Is there any plan to update the ActiView software to 64 bit or are we simply going to have to stop using this software with the Promethean document cameras? Is there an alternate software solution that will allow the teachers to use the document cameras with their pens?

Hi Chris,

We can raise this to an enhancement with our product teams as the ActiView is not supported on this OS version.

As a thought, have you tried to launch ActivInspire and use the Insert>Launch ActiView option?

Kind regards,
      Adam

Promethean Support

kourtney dettykourtney detty
      Participant

Hey there!

I am also having this issue with using ActiView on my Catalina MAC.  I have tried to set it up the traditional way as well as the way you outlined above.  Neither worked…

Does Promethean have an updated version of this software for newer MAC computers?  My school was recently shut down from Coronavirus and we are needing to try to use our ActiView cameras to record lessons from afar.

Help!

Thanks!

Hi Kourtney,

We do not have any updated drivers for the ActiView software.

If you are using ActivInspire for your lessons, you could use the Screen Recorder app to record your lessons?

Alternatively, ClassFlow is a great online solution that you can create content in (even convert ActivInspire flipcharts into) and then generate a student class and get students to visit the lessons you’ve prepared.

Feel free to take a look:  http://www.ClassFlow.com

Kind regards,
      Adam

Promethean Support

Tim MossTim Moss
      Participant

Has there been any updates on this? I’m desperate. It seems you wouldn’t just expect us to throw your products away.

Eddie PrometheanEddie Promethean

Hi Tim,

Thank you for reaching out.

While this is a legacy product that we are no longer developing, we have raised and enhancement request for this.

At this time we do not have any updates.

Best regards,

Eddie

Russell FoosRussell Foos
      Participant

Folks –

Not a widely known fact – the Promethean document camera is actually manufactured by Lumens.  If you go to the Lumens site (mylumens.com) you can find updated drivers/software for the document camera (pick the camera that is closest to what you have) for both Mac OS and Windows.  I just updated the old “legacy” ActiView software to the new Ladybug software for Windows 10 and it works fabulously!  My teacher wife is a happy camper.

Good Luck.

jameschamberlainjameschamberlain
      Participant

I have about 25 functioning Promethean document cameras in our building.  At about $500 per unit, that’s about a $12,500 investment in a technology that I can no longer use.  That’s in one school in a large district.  Why?  Not because they’re broken and you can’t blame Apple for going to 64 bit architecture.  So where are you, friendly folks at Promethean?  Support your product!

Adam H PrometheanAdam H Promethean
      Senior Moderator

Hello James,

Thanks for your post and I am sorry to read that you can’t currently use your document cameras. What model of ActiView do you have? The ActiViews are only designed to work with the operating systems stated in the specification sheets.

The ActiView 324 for example is only compatible with macOS 10.6.8 – 10.8.1 (Snow Leopard/Lion/Mountain Lion) for example as explained here: https://support.prometheanworld.com/wp-content/uploads/dlm_uploads/ActiView-324-Specification-Sheet.pdf

As this is a legacy product, it’s not longer in development and therefore we cannot guarantee that these products will work with any other operating system other than what is stated on the specification sheet.

I am sorry that we cannot offer any further advice.

Kind regards,
      Adam H

Haylie BarnesHaylie Barnes
      Participant

Good post, a lot of stuff in here i did not know about

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.