Interactive Flat Panels
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      david jamisondavid jamison
      Participant

One of our schools AP6-F70 units is playing up.

HDMI input showing screen duplicate from windows 10 works for a few days then suddenly shows ‘no signal’ and the computer then refuses to acknowledge the extra screen (AP6) is connected.

when I disconnect it from this computer and connect it to the other computer sitting beside it, it works fine on that machine for a few days to a week, then the same issue. Guess what? swapping it back to the original computer gets them operational again!

have been bouncing from one to the other for a few weeks now while trying to find a solution. I have swapped out the HDMI and USB cables, I have swapped out the the computers for other machines, I have checked for updates on the Activ manager (up to date driver) it shows no updates. There are no updates available on the OPS update app. have done a factory reset. the firmware (using the panels remote) is showing 48.09 Is there a main board firmware update that might cure this??

Dave.

Paul PrometheanPaul Promethean

Hi David,

Thanks for posting.  I will send you an email with the firmware on as we do not post these publicly as using the wrong firmware can irrevocably damage an ActivPanel.

Kind regards,
      Paul

Promethean Technical Support

Hello David,

Thanks for your reply.

I can see Paul sent an email at the email address used to create this post several hours ago.

I suggest you check you Spam folder and, if nothing is found there, you double check the email address you have used is correct.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,

Riccardo

Participant

thanks,

I am getting email alerts to my email from this post so the email address is fine.

nothing in junk folder.

I expect it has been blocked by our school email filtering which is very strict regarding attachment types and file size limits.

I have altered my account email to a personal account, please try sending again.

thanks,

Dave.

Hello David,

Thanks for your reply.

We have emailed you to the new address.

Let us know if you receive the email, thanks.

Regards,

Riccardo

Participant

ran the firmware upgrade from usb, which went through successfully. a few days later the same issue.

on selecting the source there is a green light beside the HDMI port that the computer is connected to (no matter which HDMI in I use)

but the screen says “no signal”

changing the screen duplication / extend option on windows 10 makes no difference.

in display settings on the PC the computer no longer sees the AP6 as being there.

unplug / reconnect, restart either device, still nothing.

unplug from computer ‘A’ and plug into computer ‘B’ (which it stopped working on in the same circumstances last week) and it works fine.

as before, computers are up to date, cables are known good and have been changed, computers have even been changed and still the same issue. works for a few days / up to a week and then stops, swapping from computer ‘A’ to ‘B’ or ‘B’ to ‘A’ works for another few days, then have to swap back.

any ideas?

Hello David,

Thank you for your post.

We are sorry to hear you are still experiencing issues.

Could you please confirm if both computers work fine with another AP6-70?

Are the graphics card drivers on the computers up-to-date? What model of computers are you using?

You mentioned that you swapped the HDMI cables. What’s the overall length of these cables? Are they connected directly from the computers to the panel? Please, bypass any intermediary cabling and test again.

Is the correct source selected on the panel? Have you tested all the HDMI ports?

We look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Arianna

Participant

hi,

we have no other AP6 boards in school, only titanium / nickel activpanels

HDMI cables are 3m, taken straight out of the HDMI out on the PC (no splitters etc. main PC display from DP out)

PCs are dell optiplex 3060 Micro and Dell optiplex 3040 large form factor, both managed by C2k and up to date. AP6 running on Duplicate screen setting.

issue is the same on all HDMI inputs and sources, with or without touch usb connected.

Dave.

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply

Can you ensure that your graphics drivers are up to date.

From reading the previous notes, it doesn’t appear that this is an issue with the ActivPanel, as connecting another device to the ActivPanel simply works to display, so this leads me to suspect its the computers in use that may be the issue, either from a setting applied throughout the C2k network or as part of driver updates.

If you have a laptop/computer that is not of the same model or part of the C2K configuration and connect this to the ActivPanel, do you get the same issues?

Thanks

Adam

Participant

connected the AP6 to an HP laptop (managed by c2k)

on the HDMI out. worked for 2 days then the same issue again.

connected the same laptop to AP6 using the VGA out instead and works no problem. (for now?)

however, if I connect the the VGA on the AP6 but take the source from an HDMI to VGA adapter plugged into the same HP laptop, there is the same current no signal issue.

(The HDMI to VGA adapter option DOES work when connected to one of the original Dell PCs, but then so does the HDMI cable connection from the same PC – at least, it works today, but won’t in a few days again.)

so in short, which ever cable / adapter / connection I use from an up to date c2k device either HP laptop or variety of Dell desktops, the signal will only output for 3-5 days on average before stopping the signal.

(windows pings to suggest new HDMI device connected, but no signal shows on AP6 and no extra screen detected in Display Settings on windows)

but in 3-5 days when the other machine does the same, I can reconnect back to the original for another few days. rinse and repeat. by the time the next machine drops out the first one is accepting it again.

Are there no other similar issues being reported across other c2k users? presumably if there is an issue with c2ks current driver settings then every school in Northern Ireland with an AP6 must be showing the same issue as they are all kept up to date automatically and remotely by c2k?

Dave.

Hi Dave,

We aren’t aware of any issues similar to yours, but it sounds like there may be an EDID issue from the HP laptop when its making the sound that its connected via HDMI but nothing displays on screen.

To see if this makes any difference, on the ActivPanel remote, press Menu and go to Settings, HDMI Settings and you should see an option of HDMI EDID, this should be set to 2.0 as default, if you change to 1.4, does this help?
      You may need to disconnect/reconnect and reboot your laptop in order for this to work, but this may help with changing to 1.4.

Alternatively, they are EDID emulators that can be used which should help stabilise the HDMI data being sent from the laptop.

I hope this information helps.

Adam

Participant

Hi, sorry for the delayed response

still having this issue, panel currently not useable with any of our PCs

tried following the EDID advice above, but these were the only options I could find.

teaching staff virtually given up on this board.

Hello David,

Thank you for your post.

I have reached out to our Escalations Team, and they believe that it has to do with the driver or the machine. Kindly re-attempt to update the graphics drivers. Are you able to get a stable HDMI connection after doing so?

Kind regards,

Jordan

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.