Interactive Flat Panels

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by John Jenn John Jenn 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

• Author
    John Jenn
    John Jenn
    Participant

I can send ActivInspire from a Windows 10 PC to a Nickel ActivPanel with full touchscreen capability on the panel by means of the HDMI/USB cables.  I was asked if I could use Bluetooth to wirelessly send the ActivInspire program on the PC to the ActivPanel.  I tried to do so using this process:

I made sure Bluetooth was on on both the PC and the ActivPanel.  I checked on available BT devices in the Bluetooth control panel on the panel.
    I did not find the PC’s MAC address among the listed MAC addresses.
    However, it said that rk3368 could be used to pair with the panel.
    Therefore I used rk3368 on the PC (in its BT control panel) to successfully pair the PC to the panel.
    I had to use ActivCast to mirror the PC screen to the panel successfully.
    Then I tested on-panel annotation without the USB/HDMI cables connected between the PC and the panel.
    I was unable to do anything on the panel without the cables attached.

Does this mean the HDMI/USB cables HAVE to be connected between the PC and the ActivPanel to have full touchscreen capability on the panel when using the ActivInspire program?  Or do I have an error in my process above?

Thanks in advance,

John Jenn

LuVerne CSD

Hi John Jenn,

ActivCast is a mirroring application, as such it will only display to the ActivPanel.

We’ve just released a new update for the Elements series which has a new app called ScreenShare. This is similar to ActivCast however when mirroring with a Windows computer you can have touch back functionality however the recommended set up would be to connect your HDMI+USB cable to the ActivPanel as this allows the ActivPanel to communicate directly with the ActivDriver and ActivInspire software to allow for pen and touch differentiation.

I hope this information helps.

Thanks,
    Adam

Promethean Support

John Jenn
    John Jenn
    Participant

Adam:

Thanks for your quick reply.  Am I correct then that, even with the new ScreenShare product (instead of using ActivCast Sender on a PC), the HDMI/USB cables would need to be connected for FULL touch screen functionality (“pen/touch differentiation”)?

Also, am I correct that with Bluetooth use, touchscreen capability is not possible without ActivCast Sender AND having the HDMI/USB cables attached to the PC as in the process I had initially mentioned?

Thanks,

John Jenn

LuVerne CSD

Neither mirroring application utilizes Bluetooth.  Both ActivCast and ScreenShare work through the wi-fi network that both the Panel and the computer connect to.

ActivCast would only allow for a computer’s image to wirelessly mirror to the Panel, but would not allow any input made on the Panel’s surface to control the mirrored device.  ScreenShare adds the ability to control the mirrored display using touch input made on the Panel’s surface.

Using USB and HDMI connections from a computer to the Panel to mirror the computer’s display and have that computer react to touch input made on the Panel’s surface would be a method to use instead of, not in addition to, ActivCast or ScreenShare

John Jenn
      John Jenn
      Participant

THANKS!!!  This answers my question.  Your assistance is appreciated.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.