Interactive Whiteboards
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      CynthiaCynthia
      Participant

I have a MacBook Pro, and I have noticed the red x on the screen icon when connected to the Promethean Board (I have the Activboard Touch). It works, but I can’t calibrate the board. Does this have anything to do with the El Capitan Update?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Cynthia,

Thank you for your post.

We will reply directly to your email as we will need some information that you may not want to share in the online forum.

Thank you

Miguel
      Promethean Technical Support

Anonymous
      Inactive

Is there anything in a general vein that you could share regarding how ActivInspire works with the El Capitan update?  A teacher in our district is having the same issue.

Rita M. Vondracek

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Rita,

Thanks for posting on the Support Community.

With regard to ActivInspire, please be aware that this software is not currently supported with El Capitan, however the ActivDriver has been updated to support El Capitan and interactivity.

You will need to uninstall the current ActivDriver on the operating system and go to the below link to download the latest ActivDriver:
      https://support.prometheanworld.com/product/activdriver

I hope this information helps.

Kind regards,
      Adam

Anonymous
      Inactive

We use windows 8.1 Platform for ActivInspire software, but the calib doesn’t work..

Anonymous
      Inactive

I also have a red x and am unable to get my pen to work let alone calibrate.  I have just installed the software on a laptop with Windows 7 professional.  Help!!!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Kacy and Sathiya,

Thank you for your reply.

With regard to the red X on the ActivManager icon, this will only appear when there is no connection detected from the computer and the ActivBoard.

We would recommend checking first the cables are securely connected and re-seat these whilst checking.
      Also ensuring that the latest driver has been installed.
      The latest ActivDriver can be installed by going to the link below:
      https://support.prometheanworld.com/product/activdriver

If you have any questions or would like to contact Promethean Technical Support directly please go to the below link:
      https://support.prometheanworld.com/contact/

Kind regards,
      Adam

Anonymous
      Inactive

We’ve upgraded our ActivDriver to 5.12.17, we’re running El Capitan with latest update so 10.11.3  Still not interactivity on our boards any ideas how to fix this?  
      We can still get interactivity with our laptops running MacOSX 10.10 it’s just the El Capitan ones we have an issue with.  Cabling is fine, as it works with 10.10 mac.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.