Software Solutions
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Mitzi LampoMitzi Lampo
      Participant

I created some flip with video files saved on one computer.
      I saved everything to a flash drive, and I brought it to another computer, but it will not play; I receive an error saying it cannot find the file. It is looking for the file link on computer number one. I need to re-link it and embed it in the flip chart.

How do I find the insert link file dialogue box after file has been linked to a flip chart page.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello Mitzi, I am an ActivInpire user.
      Just testing and does not work the way it’s supposed to work. Back to the machine where you created the file, and you’ll do the following…

My first advice is: Always work in your hard drive….. Never directly to a flash memory or external disk. Then you have a file storage in a safe place and  can copy or send it to the cloud 🙂

1- Go to the page you inserted the video and foolow the next steps
      2- Inser – Link – File, (ctrl + L) this will open your file browser to locate the original file
      3- Will open a dialoge box “INSERT FILE” 
      4- Enter the path…….At the top line you have to click over (…) at the end of this row to browse your file from the directory it was inserted
      5- Next row “Add link as” —> Existing Object —> Click at (…) at the end of this row to browse your file insert on the flipchart page, select the object media file from the list, probably named MEDIA(n)
      6- Next row —-> Store as: and here you have 3 options, please select “Store file in the flipchart”

This will make a single file having inside all the videos (media) you inserted in your work regardless from it was taken.

Save your file with a new name, Close the program ActivInspire
      Insert your external device and copy in it.
      Eject your external memory device and plug into your other computer.
      Explore and copy to your hard dive, again, never work directly over an external device.
      Open your ActivInspire and locete the file with the open menu.

fingers crossed it works for you.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Mitzi,

The information Carlos has provided is correct.
      Please follow these steps and should you have any further issues please let us know.

Thanks.

Adam
      Promethean Technical Support
      Case 565668

Anonymous
      Inactive

I need to access existing inserted video file properties. Not re-insert the video file.  There are over three hundred files that I’d rather not recreate.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Mitzi,

If the files are located in different file paths or on different computers you will need to use the machine which was used to originally create the flipcharts to then save the files to your flipchart rather than the hard drive.
      If you do not have these files or the original computer which the files were from then you will need to re-add in the video clips.

Adam
      Promethean Technical Support

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.