Software Solutions
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      KYLEMCGEEKYLEMCGEE
      Participant

Hello –

I have been playing around with putting text in using object labels (caption). I thought they would be useful for captions and text inside of boxes. However, I can’t seem to change the position of the caption once it’s created. I have tried to grab it, but that just selects the whole object. It’s particularly strange as the text is often completely out of alignment with the object (e.g. rectangle or speech box). 

I’m confused. Any ideas? Thanks!

Kyle

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Kyle,

Thanks for posting on the Support Community.

I’m hoping to try and replicate what you are trying to do, please could you provide a screenshot of what you are trying to do?

Thanks,
      Adam
      Promethean Technical Support
      Case673933

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thanks for your reply. I’m simply trying to attach text to objects using the caption box under object properties. I just want to change the position of the caption in relation to the object.  Right now, they show up in a strange place.  😮

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi KYLEMCGEE,

To help you with the issue the best solution would be to group the text and the shape. 

Once the text and the shape are grouped you would be able to move them and rotate them if you wished. 

Let me know if you need any further assistance. 

Craig 

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello Craig –

Thanks for your response. I am aware that you can create a text box and group it with the shape. However, the caption feature is useful for other things such as those displayed in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQHQ51svOyQ&feature=youtu.be

You’ll notice in this video, the text appeared within the shape as you might expect it to. However, in my shape, the text is quite far off. It seems odd that my text from the caption is in such a weird position. 

So, I’m looking for how to move the position of the caption text in relation to a shape. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Kyle

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Kyle,

To change the position of the caption, click on the object, go to Property Browser and then choose Label.
      Ensure that the option “Behaviour” is set to “Always on” and adjust the caption as you wish.
      Once the caption is in the correct position, change “Behaviour” to “tooltip”.
      Also ensure that the flipchart is in design mode.

Thank you

Miguel

Anonymous
      Inactive

That’s great! Thanks!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.