Wireless Presentations
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Andy MelicharAndy Melichar
      Participant

Hello,

I bought a used ClassFlow Connect on eBay, it worked great for about a week and all of the sudden it just won’t turn on. Red light comes on when I plug it in, but the power button does nothing. I’ve reseated everything I can get to, tried holding the reset button while plugging in, and nothing – no boot screen, no beep, no nothing.

Any ideas?

Much appreciated,

Andy

Wendy PrometheanWendy

Hi Andy,

Thank you for your post.

There is no way to perform a hardware reset on these devices, so it’s unfortunate it stopped working. With it still getting power, it’s odd indeed that it will not boot up anymore.

I take it there is nothing on the screen at all? No indication it’s trying to boot up the Windows based OS? It could be that the power button is faulty, although that would be unlikely. Does the LED change colour at all when you unplug / plug it back in, other than turning red?

I would imagine you have already tried other sockets and I don’t know if you have a compatible power cable, other than the one it came with,  to test with, but there’s not much else we can recommend.

Thank you,

Wendy

Promethean Technical Support

Andy MelicharAndy Melichar
        Participant

Hi Wendy,

Only color I ever get is red, there is nothing displayed on the screen, no indication at all it is trying to boot up. I did pull the board out of the case and try jumping the pins for the power button, still nothing. I don’t have another 20V power supply hanging around – if I can find one I’ll try that and see if there is a difference. Thanks for your help!

Andy

Paul PrometheanPaul Promethean

Hi Andy,

Good luck!  It may be a hard drive failure so it could be worth trying to replace that and install windows on it afresh?

We look forward to hearing back from you with how you get on.

Kind regards,
      Paul

Promethean Technical Support

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.