Software Solutions
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Emőke FataEmőke Fata
      Participant

Hi,
      I’ve changed to a MacBook recently and I can’t play the previously embedded YouTube films in my flipcharts. The same problem occurs if I try to embed the films again. (The page opens but the ‘screen’ is just a white rectangle with the three icons at the bottom – reload, insert video frame into flipchart, replace placeholder image.) When embedding, I don’t forget to delete the ‘s’ at the end of ‘http’.
      I have the latest version of AcivInspire.
      Thanks in advance for your help.
      Emoke

Anonymous
      Inactive

In addition to ensuring that Flash is updated on that computer, also make sure that Inspire’s Mulitmedia Settings (ActivInspire > Preferences > Multimedia) has the setting for “Force overlay mode for flash” checked before embedding the video or opening the flipchart in question.

If you have a copy of the flipchart in question we can access, we would appreciate having that to look over.

(Support Case 00587588)

Anonymous
      Inactive

I’ve updated Flash and changed the setting but the problem still exists.
      You can download the flipchart from here:
      https://www.dropbox.com/s/zfluf47swtk1ksg/2nd%20cond_if%20i%20were%20a%20rich%20man.flipchart?dl=0

Anonymous
      Inactive

We were able to view the video embedded in that flipchart on a Windows 7 computer which has the version 2.4 ActivInspire software installed on it. Can you confirm for us the version of OS X on the computer in question and in which version of the ActivInspire software the flipchart was created and opened with?

If that flipchart is opened on your computer while connected to a different network, does that embedded video play?

(Support Case 00587588)

Anonymous
      Inactive

My ActivInspire is version 2.4.66096, I have OS X El Capitan version 10.11.1 on my computer.

I created the original flipchart with an earlier version of ActivInspire 1 or 2 years ago, but I also tried to embed the the video with this latest version and I had the same problem. 

I cannot open the flipchart properly either at home or in the school.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.