- This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 years, 6 months ago by Anonymous.
October 9, 2015 at 12:25 pm #991Emőke FataParticipant
I’ve changed to a MacBook recently and I can’t play the previously embedded YouTube films in my flipcharts. The same problem occurs if I try to embed the films again. (The page opens but the ‘screen’ is just a white rectangle with the three icons at the bottom – reload, insert video frame into flipchart, replace placeholder image.) When embedding, I don’t forget to delete the ‘s’ at the end of ‘http’.
I have the latest version of AcivInspire.
Thanks in advance for your help.
October 9, 2015 at 1:42 pm #5743AnonymousInactive
In addition to ensuring that Flash is updated on that computer, also make sure that Inspire’s Mulitmedia Settings (ActivInspire > Preferences > Multimedia) has the setting for “Force overlay mode for flash” checked before embedding the video or opening the flipchart in question.
If you have a copy of the flipchart in question we can access, we would appreciate having that to look over.
(Support Case 00587588)
October 9, 2015 at 5:35 pm #5744AnonymousInactive
I’ve updated Flash and changed the setting but the problem still exists.
You can download the flipchart from here:
October 12, 2015 at 8:52 pm #5745AnonymousInactive
We were able to view the video embedded in that flipchart on a Windows 7 computer which has the version 2.4 ActivInspire software installed on it. Can you confirm for us the version of OS X on the computer in question and in which version of the ActivInspire software the flipchart was created and opened with?
If that flipchart is opened on your computer while connected to a different network, does that embedded video play?
(Support Case 00587588)
October 29, 2015 at 7:20 am #5746AnonymousInactive
My ActivInspire is version 2.4.66096, I have OS X El Capitan version 10.11.1 on my computer.
I created the original flipchart with an earlier version of ActivInspire 1 or 2 years ago, but I also tried to embed the the video with this latest version and I had the same problem.
I cannot open the flipchart properly either at home or in the school.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Release notes for ActivPanel Elements series v5.0.2 (released 29 April 2021)
- Release notes for ActivPanel Elements series v5.0.0 (released 15 April 2021)
- Release notes for myPromethean portal v1.5 (released 13 April 2021)
- Release notes for ClassFlow v6.13 (US release 29 January 2021 / Global release 5 February 2021)
- Release notes for ActivInspire v2.21 (released 5 January 2021)