- This topic has 3 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 6 years, 8 months ago by Anonymous.
February 18, 2015 at 10:08 am #422Margaret LeahyParticipant
My problem is with Window 8. Each time I try to download ActivInspire, I get the following message: Error 1603. I have tried changing the security settings and have run Microsoft Utility Fix to no avail. Any help with this would be appreciated. Thanks a mil. Margaret
February 18, 2015 at 8:42 pm #4296AnonymousInactive
Is the same error
message encountered when downloading the up-to-date version 2.3 software from this
page on Promethean Planet, then installing that file once the download finishes?
If it does present again,
click on Windows’ Start menu, then in the search field at the bottom, type %temp% to bring up the Temp
folder. Select all of the files in that
folder and delete them, skipping over any files that cannot be deleted. After deleting those files try installing the
February 26, 2015 at 7:52 am #4297AnonymousInactive
Thanks for your response.
Yes it version 2.3 from the Promethean Planet website we are trying to download.
The Temp folder has been cleared and we have tried saving it in other folders apart from Downloads.
I have asked the student teacher to run MS Utilities fix again but is there anything else she can do?
February 26, 2015 at 10:14 am #4298AnonymousInactive
Does the user account on the computer you are using have full admin rights? As it sounds like that it is a security setting somewhere along the line that is causing the issue.
Also does the file download correctly? When installing have you tried right clicking the installer and selecting “Run as Administrator”?
If you are still having trouble you can contact our support team quoting reference number 00491649.
You can get get the telephone number from here:
Promethean Technical Support
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Release notes for ActivPanel Elements series v5.1.200 (released 20 September 2021)
- Release notes for Radix agent v1.27.1 (released 25 August 2021)
- Release notes for ActivPanel Elements series v5.1.0 (released 16 August 2021)
- Release notes for ActivInspire 2.22 (released 2 August 2021)
- Release notes for myPromethean portal v1.5.2 (released 30 June 2021)