Software Solutions
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      henriksenhenriksen
      Participant

Hi,

Is there anyway to rollback a firmware update on a promethean board? The reason why I’m asking is because the firmware I updated to one of the boards was not meant for that board and now I believe it might be affecting how to calibrate and/or potentially not being able to use any pen to write with on the board. Any feedback or directions on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

Craig PrometheanCraig Promethean

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Can I ask the model of ActivBoard you have upgraded? We don’t need the serial number but the model number would be really helpful.

Can you also confirm what firmware version you have upgraded to?

Once we have this information we can look into the firmware issue 😊

Kind regards,

Craig

Promethean Technical Support

home

henriksenhenriksen
      Participant

Hi,

The model I installed the firmware on was on ABV378E100 series board. The firmware I installed on it was for the AB series 100/300/500 series that would show ‘ActivBoard HID’ on it. Hopefully this helps or maybe it won’t make a difference?

Thanks,

Chris

Hi Henriksen,

Can you let us know what happens when you try to calibrate this using the ActivManager Control Panel?

If this isn’t working, if you search on your Windows computer for Tablet PC settings, you should get the option to be able to Calibrate here too. Does this work?

Thanks,

Adam
      Promethean Support

henriksenhenriksen
      Participant

Hi,

Sorry for not letting you know this sooner but I used the HID firmware on a MacBook to upgrade the firmware for the board, which is the the wrong firmware to use because that firmware was created for the Windows 1903 BSOD issue. Is there anyway to revert back to a older firmware for the board using the MacBook or no?

Thanks,

Chris

Hi Chris,

Can you confirm what firmware is showing at the minute?

Here is a link to the older firmware: https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/1038/

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Adem

Promethean Technical Support

Sean WilliamsSean Williams
      Participant

I have the same issue with two of the same model of ActivBoard. When I tried to rollback the firmware (yesterday), the boards became unresponsive – ie, won’t show up in ActivManager. The attached laptops can “see” there’s something connected (Promethean ActivBoard V3 Driver appears in the Device Manager), but no other connectivity.  I need a workaround to somehow reestablish ActivManager connectivity and get these boards back into use.

Hi Sean,

I would recommend contacting Promethean Technical Support directly and letting us know what exactly was done, including version of ActivDriver you are on and the hardware serial numbers of those ActivBoards affected.

Kind regards,

Adam

Promethean Support

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.