Interactive Flat Panels
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Jon ChambersJon Chambers
      Participant

What gestures are supported with the ActivPanel Touch?

E.g. can you use fist to erase?

Any others?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Support for any touch gestures would be more specific to the Operating System or the Application in use. Any settings for those gestures would be adjusted through their respective preferences.

If you do encounter any gestures that do not work properly, please let us know.

(Support Case 00598628)

Anonymous
      Inactive

C’mon Jarrad,

What kind of answer is that?

Tell me what gestures you can do on an ActivPanel using Windows?

E.g. using your fist to erase.

Are there any YouTube videos showing what gestures are supported?

Anonymous
      Inactive

I think a few short Youtube videos showing how to setup and implement the touch capabilities of the major OS’s would be extremely helpful to people looking to upgrade to the Activpanel.  I’m one of 3 teachers in my system that received an Activpanel this year and have had no prior experience with Win8.  Nothing was demonstrated for me, nor did anyone configure Windows for a touch device.  One of the reasons I received the Activpanel was that I’m usually a tech savvy teacher and I can assume that my input will be requested for future purchasing decisions.  A little help from Promethean about the proper installation/setup and unique capabilities of the Activpanel would go a long way towards giving my school system a reason to consider upgrades for more teachers.  Right now I would tell them I like the clearer display and not having to rely on fragile pens, but I doubt that would be sufficient evidence to update.  I’ve seen only one video from a vendor that had a little evidence of the gesture capabilities, but I have no idea how to set up Windows 8 on my current laptop for that ability. 

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thank you both for your feedback in this thread.

We will put through an escalation with our teams here in regards to creating online video guides for setting up the ActivPanel Touch. In the meantime, our Knowledgebase hosts several article regarding issues that may be experienced with the ActivPanel Touch in the “ActivPanel” heading under “Interactive Displays”. Our support can also be contacted via e-mail using the from on the “Contact Us” page of the Knowledgebase if any assistance is needed with those articles or if our suggestions in those articles do not affect or correct the issue presenting with the ActivPanel Touch in use.

In regards to touch gestures, that would be more dependent upon the Application or operating system in use.
      For instance, the ActivInspire software supports touch gestures to re-size and re-position objects, pan and zoom with objects, and advance or go back through flipchart pages. The settings of that software can be adjusted to specifically disable or enable those touch actions, or set touch input to be recognized as a specific tool by default when the software is opened. Other software may or may not respond to similar touch inputs and gestures made at the ActivPanel, either according to their settings and preferences or whether the gesture is supported by that software at all.

(Support Case 00598628)

Anonymous
      Inactive

I have page turn gestures turned on, but I’m not sure what gesture I should be making to get the page to turn.  Please advise.  What tool should be selected?  How many fingers should be used?  What motion should be made?  My shape zoom and rotate with gestures is intuitive and works fine.  I’d love to know the page turn gesture though.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Mike, choose the Select tool — the arrow tool — and just do a quick horizontal flick with a finger on the page background. You don’t need to swipe very far, just a brief, quick lateral flick with a finger.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.