Interactive Whiteboards
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Stephanie VossStephanie Voss
      Participant

My pen is not working. It is not the pen though. I believe the problem is with the connection in the usb cable. I do not think it is the pen. The activmanager won’t allow me to calibrate. It doe not give that as an option. I have unplugged the usb cable, waited and plugged it back in. This did not work either. The board and pen worked just fine on Friday, but not today. Please help

Anonymous
      Inactive

Which version of the
      ActivDriver is installed on the computer used with the board in question?  If needed, the up-to-date version 5.10 ActivDriver
      can be downloaded from Article 10902 on our Promethean Knowledge Base (http://www.prometheankb.com).

On the board, what
      color is the light in the upper left corner of the board’s surface?  Does that color change when the USB cable is
      plugged in or when the pens contact anywhere on the board’s surface?  If the board has an amplifier built in to the
      left side of the board, please check the On/Standby button on the amplifier; if
      it is red, press it so it becomes green. 
      Does this affect the connection stats shown in the ActivManager or the
      flame in the upper left corner of the board? 

If the USB connection
      from the computer to the board uses any additional hardware (e.g. an extension
      cable, a booster or other adapter, or a wallbox), please instead connect
      directly from the computer to the board using only a single length of A-to-B USB
      cable running from a USB port on the computer to the Electronics on the
      board.  Generally, the electronics will
      be behind the upper left corner of the board. 
      Does connecting to the board’s electronics in this manner help the
      computer recognize a connection to the ActivBoard?  If so, please try calibrating the pens to the
      board.

If none of the above
      steps have any effect on the connection or the ability to calibrate, please contact
      Technical Support
      for assistance via Phone or E-mail.

(Support Case 00489506)

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.