Wireless Presentations
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      somit2010somit2010
      Participant

As above my iMac and AVG are on the same LAN. I saw the Airplay mode  but see that no device detected hence unable to mirror my screen. Please suggest if i am following the correct way.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi somit2010,
      Thanks for posting.

If Airplay isn’t detecting the ActivConnect G-Series then this could indicate that Bonjour is not enabled/working on your network.

It may also be necessary to set the ActivCast application to be trusted. The following ports need to be open and allowed on the network:

•    TCP 6000-7000, 7100, 47000, 47010
      •    UDP 5353, 6000-7000, 7011

It may also be necessary to whitelist the following URLs:

•    https://otaupdate.prometheanworld.com (software updates)
      •    promethean.api.splashtop.com (cloud server)

I hope this information helps.
      If you still have issues, is the ActivConnect working with the internet, do web pages load?

Kind regards,
      Adam
      Promethean Technical Support

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Adam,

Thanks for sharing the useful information, i am not from the network background can you share me how to unblock these ports, step wise method will be much helpful.

regards

Somit

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi somit2010,

This will be something that needs to be checked on the Schools (or company) network rather than the ActivConnect device.

As each network is set up differently, we can only advise to check that this information is not being blocked and stopping the mirroring from happening. 
      We would recommend passing this information to the network administrator for them to check.

Once they have checked this and made sure that these ports are trusted and open, please let us know if you have the same issue.

Alternatively, if you download the ActivCast app for Google Chrome from the Chrome store (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/activcast-sender/dcdfjddkdjkaohjceimnbgniajaholfl)  and try to mirror, does this work by entering your 9 digit code?

Thanks,
      Adam

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Adam,

I have a Imac and have requested the IT team to open the Bonjour services and they are looking into it. Few queries on the line:
       1) The Imac is connected on a LAN wired mode, do this port need to have a dedicated IP address or i can leave it on DHCP. I assume you are suggesting to Open the Bonjour services on this port which will be dedicated to the Imac PC and required a dedicated IP address to do so- Please suggest.

2) The AVG also need to be in Wired mode and the Bonjour services enables need to be opened in this case as well and should it be connected to Wired LAN as well.

If my Imac is in Wired mode  and the AVG is in connected to Wifi in the same network will it work.

Please guide me the steps i need to follow in order to mirror the image from the Imac. Do the Imac PC have the inbuilt Airplay option,i have not seen it so far.

Currently the imac is connected on Wired LAN to the Port designated which have the Bonjour services enabled. Do i need to connect the AVG Box in wired mode as well. Please suggest  the correct way to get the mirroring done.

Warm regards
      Somit

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi,

Request anyone to please provide me information on the above query i am at Clients space and need to set it up asap.

Regards
      Somit

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi somit2010,

We have sent you an email directly regarding your query.

Kind
      regards,
      Yann

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Yann,
      I have sent you my query to your email directly please respond to it.

Warm regards
      Somit

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello somit2010,

I have resent the email we sent earlier directly to your email, please check your junk folder. 

Kind regards,

Craig 

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Craig,

I have gone through the document unfortunately i dont see the answers /solution related to my queries.

Please suggest what is to be done on my queries below towards resolution to my issues:

I have a Imac and have requested the IT team to open the Bonjour services and they have opened the port. Few queries on the line:

1) The Imac is connected on a LAN wired mode, do this port need to have a dedicated IP address or i can leave it on DHCP. I assume you are suggesting to Open the Bonjour services on this port which will be dedicated to the Imac PC and required a dedicated IP address to do so- Please suggest.

2) The AVG also need to be in Wired mode and the Bonjour services enables need to be opened in this case as well and should it be connected to Wired LAN as well.

If my Imac is in Wired mode  and the AVG is  connected to Wifi in the same network will it work.

Please guide me the steps i need to follow in order to mirror the image from the Imac. Do the Imac PC have the inbuilt Airplay option,i have not seen it so far.

Currently the imac is connected on Wired LAN to the Port designated which have the Bonjour services enabled. Do i need to connect the AVG Box in wired mode as well. Please suggest  the correct way to get the mirroring done.

Warm regards
      Somit

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Somit,

Please find our replies to your query below:

Does the iMac have to have a dedicated IP address or can it be DHCP?
      Either is OK, whichever works best for your network setup.

2. The ports that need to be opened are in the router, and as such have nothing to do with IP address of the iMac.

The ActivConnect and the iMac need to be on the same network. This can
      be wired or wireless or a combination as long as they are the same
      network.

I hope this helps.

Kind
      regards,
      Yann

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.