Software Solutions
Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
      Mianca WinchesterMianca Winchester
      Participant

When I attempt to import a ppt. to activinspire it tells me the source code is incorrect or the source file is incorrect.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello Mianca, can you tell me how many slides the PPT has? What is the PP and ActivInspire version?

Anonymous
      Inactive

There are 16 slides. Ppt 2013 and last updated version of ActivInspire.

Anonymous
      Inactive

It looks not to big. Have you tried before importing PPT files? or it is only this time you are having problems with PPTs?
      Try importing another one and if it works may be the file is corrupted, there is another way to get over this… importing as a PDF file to your ActivInspire…. print as a PDF and then import to ActivInspire might works also.
      This could be find at the Inspire file menu, import as PDF.

Hope it helps.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Mianca, 

Have a look at our Knowledge Base article here.
      Let me know if you have further questions! 

Your reference is : 00467771.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thank you for the article. In an attempt to see if something was wrong with the file name or file size, I saved a 2 page blank ppt. With the file name dummy. Unfortunately, the software is giving me the same message. I also attempted to download Promethean Office, but it does not support Windows 8. I am really stumped because I have never had these problems with Promethean products before. Will there be any updates to either ActivInspire or Promethean Office any time soon?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Mianca,
      Reference 00467771:
      We have raised this issue with our software development team for you.
      In the time being I would recommend removing Office 2013 and installing Office 2010 so that both Promethean ActivOffice and ActivInspire are supported for your PPT files will import.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Did you save the “dummy” PPT on your desktop and try to import from there? I have found that saving it to the desktop with a single letter name often fixes the problem.

Anonymous
      Inactive

The PowerPoint filename cannot contain ANY SPACES in the entire PATH. That is why putting it on the desktop with anyname with no spaces will work.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I have a similar issue. But I’m not ready to remove Office 2013 for THIS software to work. Is there any timetable for an update from your side?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Yannick,
      There is no further information regarding an update for this, however I will update the current enhancement request with the development team.
      Thanks
      Adam
      Promethean Technical Support

Anonymous
      Inactive

I have the same problem and like Yannick I am not prepared to uninstall Office 2013, as I have Office 365. I am a trainer for Microsoft as well as ActivInspire and this needs to be fixed asap! It has been ongoing for a while. I was training the Rockdale Sheriff Training Department who have a lot of PPTs they wish to import. I will send them the KB article but they are not happy!!! Please prioritize this issue.

Anonymous
      Inactive

SOLVED (for me). My filename had no spaces, so that did not matter. However, moving it to the desktop made it work.

Anonymous
      Inactive

My issue is not being able to import a power point from Google Drive. Name has no spaces and is short. Any suggestions? We get the power point source file not accessible error.

Anonymous
      Inactive

As a trainer it is very difficult to address the import PPT feature in ActivInspire as it is a failure and has been for over a year now! Office 2016 is out and so far this PPT issue has not been resolved in Office 2013. The ‘wprk arounds’ mentioned previously are hit and miss. Is this ever going to work again? ActivInspire is one of the best desktop software for education out there. Please Promethean do not abandon this!

Anonymous
      Inactive

I am having the same problems and am extremely frustrated. I have applied all the fixes mentioned above and have not had any luck. I cannot uninstall 2013 and go back to 2010 as it is a district-wide policy. Who would want to do that anyway? I am working very hard to get my teachers to use ActivInspire more but this feature not working is not helping my cause.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Open your ppt and go to file and export and it should give you the option to create pdf/xps do that and save to your desktop. Next go to your active inspire and go to file and import pdf and get the pdf off of your desktop. It should work but it won’t play you will have to click on the page arrow to go to each page.

Anonymous
      Inactive

If you export your Flipchart file as JPEGS (one of the choices) you can import it into PPT.  First, from Actiinspire, click on export, then all pages to….JPEG. Put all your JPEGS into one folder. An easy way to do this is create a new folder BEFORE you export, then select that folder when exporting. That way they are all in one place. Open up PPT and click on ‘Photo Album’ and then ‘New Photo Album’.  Make sure to select one picture per slide.  Now open the file with your JPEGS from your Flipchart, select all of them (CTRL-A), and click ‘import’.  Now each picture is a page in PPT.  I use PPT 2016. I’m not sure if this would work with other types of PPT. 

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.