Interactive Flat Panels
  • This topic has 3 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      cathycathy
      Participant

The content of a file I created for activ inspire primary does not appear to be there. The pages are empty. Where has the content gone and how do I retrieve it. I definitely saved it correctly. Please help. Its a lot of work to do again. Thanks

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Cathy,

From what you’ve described, I believe this is an issue with a corrupt flipchart. it’s just a matter of determining what’s causing the corruption and/or preventing it from happening moving forward. If you want to send us a flipchart to confirm, you’re welcome to do so by going to http://www.PrometheanKB.com and clicking contact us (please quote 570447).

This is in our experience something that typically happens when a flipchart is saved. There were improvements made to the way the software saves flipcharts some time ago, so I want to ensure you’re relatively up to date. Can you please check your current version of Activinspire in Help- About?

Can you please also confirm where you’re saving your flipcharts- For example, are you saving them to your desktop? To a network drive? To a thumb drive? Sometimes if a thumb drive is not disconnected properly or if there’s a connection issue when saving to a network drive the file won’t save properly.

Does this tend to happen more often with larger files, or files that have a lot of media stored in the flipchart? There may be an issue with your temp folders, where the file is stored while it’s open, and this would tend to affect larger files more.

We’d suggest updating to the latest version of Activinspire and saving to the hard drive, then transferring wherever you need first and foremost. If the issue still persists from there, your answer to the third question may prompt us to clear or look more closely at your temp folders. We expect any changes will not help flipcharts already affected, but let us know if following these suggestions you have issues with flipcharts looking correct before saving and then later not opening.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Craig

Anonymous
      Inactive

It was saved on my pc documents -activ software-activ inspire-my resources-my flipcharts.  The file is 10 pages.  There are pictures but I wouldn’t say a massive amount of media.  Please help

Anonymous
      Inactive

This is happening to any flipchart I create. Sometimes I can see content in browser view (where I can see all slides along the left handside) sometimes I can’t. It also happens with any flipchart I save from Promethean Planet and edit. I can open flipcharts from Promethean Planet when I’m online and they will present just fine.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.