Interactive Flat Panels
Viewing 24 reply threads
  • Author
      JOWAJOWA
      Participant

Hi there. First issue: My setup is a Mac Mini connected via HDMI to a 75″ promethean monitor.

There is also a USB connection to the touch interface.

When powering up I can se the Apple logo and the Progress bar – but then I only get a glimpse of the desktop – and then NO SIGNAL ?!?!?

What 2 do ?!?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi,

Thank you for your post.

To assist you further please confirm details below:

– iOS version of the MAC
      – how is the MAC connected to the monitor?
      – are the cables connected via any faceplates, adapters, extenders, etc?

Thank you

Miguel
      Promethean Technical Support

Anonymous
      Inactive

HELLO MIGUEL – Thanks for takling the time – I neet to ‘hit’ you on your timezone.
      This is Denmark calling, Central European Standard TIme.

The Mini is running OSX 10.11.6
      The connection is via HDMI – attached to HDMI#3
      And there is a USB connection to ‘Touch USB-3’

I have tried both to start the MacMini first – alternatively the Monitor first – same result.

HDMI#1 (tested on a Chromebook) works –
      HOWEVER does the USB connection not register in the ActivManager App ?!?!?
      (No compatible boards attached) so whats wrong via ChromeBook ?!
      HDMI#2 (tested on a Windows7) works.
      Once the ActiveManager for Windows driver is downloaded and installed all should be good, but again, nothing is registrered. ?!?
      This is the same, with a W10 laptop.

PLEASE advice, I am at my end here.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

Can you please indicate the exact model of the Touch screen? (Do not provide the serial number, we just need the model name).

Also, make sure that the USB port is matching the same number as the HDMI port. For example if you connect the USB cable to USB1, the HDMI also needs to be on HDMI1 and so on.

Once we have the model of the screen we will be able to advise you further.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Miguel

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello there – naturally the touch-USB numbers correspond to the HDMI numbers 🙂

THe model is ActivePanel – model number AP4-75-4K

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello,

The proper connections are USB 1 > connects to HDMI 1 or 2.

USB 2 connects to HDMI 3. 

USB 1 connects to either VGA1 or VGA 2. 

Make sure that the Activ Driver 5.14.21, is installed on each device and that the correct source is selected when connecting each device.

You can download the ActivManager for Chromebook here.

https://support.prometheanworld.com/product/activdriver

Please let us know if this helps you out.

Frances

Anonymous
      Inactive

Will do – I will get back to you tomorrow regarding results.

Anonymous
      Inactive

OK Todays tests:

HDMI 1
      /Touch-USB 1  used:  Software, to use for Wx/OSx is
      ActiveDriver (https://support.prometheanworld.com/product/activdriver) 5.14.21, (restart after installation).

On my MacBookAir (OSx
      10.11.6) I can set the resolution to 4096×2160 on the Monitor, but NOT make Touch work.)

The Software starts, and works once (showing ActivePanel Touch (BT V2.01) Firmware V6.17), but then nothing.

It only works once, if you remove the USB, and reconnect, the software cannot start, no touch.

Same cables used on a ChromeBook – here I can also run 4096×2160 on the monitor, But attaching the ISB gives nothing – no touch (downloaded App V1.0.8: No Compatible board attached).

On a Windose(W10) I can run 4096z2160 and download the same version of ActivDriver for Windows 64-bit – install, and (after restart) attach the USB – which works, be it Veeeeerrrrryyyyyy inresponsive. Remove – attach, ActivPanel is found, but veeeery slow. !

Please advice

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi JOWA,

Thank you for your reply.

Have you tried to calibrate the ActivPanel with the screen resolution you are using?
      This will only be able to be done when your ActivPanel is listed within ActivManager.

If you change the screen resolution to 3840×2160 (UHD-the optimum resolution for this model of ActivPanel), do you notice the touch starting to work? Again, you may need to recalibrate this after.

The ActivConnect G-Series that you would have received with the ActivPanel, is touch working correctly on this?

Kind regards,
      Adam

Anonymous
      Inactive

OK – connected the Monitor to my MBA – resolution changed to 3840×2160.
      Uninstalling software, reinstalling, checking version, restart, connecting USB.
      Software runs, showare shows the ActivePanel. Pen added, succesfull.
      Calibrating starts, but crashes: ‘tap to continue’ is good, ‘press and hold for 2 seconds’ crashes when the pen is lifted.

No touch 🙁

Resolution changed on ChromeBook to 3840×2160. Removed ActivManager App – reinstalled, still no show of hardware – when USB is connected ‘No compatible Boards Attached’.
      No touch 🙁

Windows laptop – resolution changed to 3840×2160. Uninstalled ActivDriver. Restart. Reinstalled ActiveDriver. Restart.
      Connecting USB – nope. ‘The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it’

Please advice

Anonymous
      Inactive

sorry – yes, the ActiveConnect is connected to HDMI4 and Touch-USB4 and works fine – touch, internet, everything.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi JOWA,
      Thanks for letting us know that this is working. This suggests that there is something specific to either the cables or computer settings.
      Did re-calibrating the ActivPanel with a 3840×2160 resolution help?

Thanks
      Adam

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello Adam – as I wrote the only access to the Callibration Tool is via OSX, and there it crashes – read my post from 12:20

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi JOWA,

Thanks for your reply, apologies as I hadn’t refreshed my screen.
      Are you using extended desktop mode with these computers? 
      If you are, try and use duplicate/mirror on your MacBook Air or Chromebook, does this make any difference?

Thanks,
      Adam

Anonymous
      Inactive

Extended mode,  will go and try duplication on MBA, please wait

Anonymous
      Inactive

mirror actually worked  on my mba – hangon

Anonymous
      Inactive

Well – setting ‘mirror’ on my MacBookAir actually works !! I can now do calibration, and then touch works !!
      Yayyyy !!
      On Chromebook (also mirrored) unfortunately no help 🙁 the ActiveManager App still does not recognize the ActivePanel via USB 🙁  Not even after Uninstalling/installing.
      And I have not brought the Windose machine – But I actually think I am good.
      Please keep the post open – I wil naturally test the Windows machine, and get back to you.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi JOWA,

Glad to hear this has started to work with your MacBook.

For the Chromebook and Windows computer, I’d recommend firstly just testing a shorter USB cable (less than 3m) directly into the USB port and seeing if this makes any difference. If this helps, more information can be found on the below link:
      https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/?kb=1475

I hope this helps, I’ll gladly keep this post open and await any further updates.

Thanks
      Adam

Anonymous
      Inactive

OK – we are almost done.
      The Windows Laptop also !!! accepts the USB connected ActivPanel, and lets me calibrate –
      Touch via the Monitor works !!

So – back to the ORIGINAL question, and perhaps an answer:
      The connected MacMini was intended to be connected to the Monitor for showing Demo’s etc.
      The reason it does not accept Touch must be, that there is only the one (!) monitor connected !!
      That I cannot make the Mini display 3840×2160 has nothing to do with the problem,
      as I cannot make Touch work even on 1980×1080.

Please verify: The Mini is connected at the Monitor through HDMI3 and Touch-USB2 (Frances’s post november 28)

AND STILL: when powering down the Mini, and restarting it again – I can see, the Apple Logo, and the Progressbar, but every other time the image then turns blank, and I have to do a hard reset (pull the power on the Mini) and make a safe boot inorder to log in. This I would have liked to be without, but perhaps YOU can suggest what to do IF I want a computer connected to the Monitor for Demoes etc.

And in the meantime I will go on seeing how I can use ActivConnect.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Goodmorning Promethean Support – and Adam.
      Regarding your Suggestion of 1:36 PM – a shorter USB-cable, no luck.
      Status – OK, on OSX, OK on W10, NOT working on ChromeBook.

And the more important question (as put in my post of 2:41 PM) – why the directly connected MacMini doesnt work – is it because the Promethean Monitor is the only monitor connected to the MacMini that things doesn’t work ?
      If Yes, then it is just the way it is, and that is OK. But do you then have a suggestion on which permanent computer we could attach to the Monitor, or would you suggest us using ONLY the ActivConnect ??

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi JOWA,

Apologies for the confusion on the HDMI to USB ports from Frances previous post as we do have a varied range of the ActivPanels with different port layouts.

I can confirm on your model of ActivPanel the HDMI and Touch USB port do need to match up. I.e, if using HDMI 3 as the source then the USB cable needs to go into the Touch USB 3 port.

You will be able to have all 4 devices connected to the ActivPanel at once, the change in source will enable each of the USB ports that correspond to the HDMI source. 

Have you got all devices (MacBook Air, Mac Mini, Windows & ActivConnect/Chromebook) connected into each of the HDMI/USB ports?

Is the Mac Mini using any HDMI adapters/converters? Does this detect the ActvPanel when connected in Safe mode?

Thanks,
      Adam

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Adam – OK regarding the numbers.

I have not connected all the devices at the same time:
      HDMI1 has a 4,6 M combined USB/HDMI/VGA  (where the VGA is transferred to HDMI2 via a converter)
      To/with this I have connected a MacBookAir, Windows Laptop or a ChromeBook to test one at a time.

HDMI3 is the MacMini, no adapters there, and NO, it does NOT detect the ActivPanel when booted in safe mode.
      And the Monitor is the only screen conected to the Mini.

HDMI4 is the ActivConnectBox – this one is working fine, with Touch and everything.

Basically I am down to the MacMini – but as I mentioned – if you would recoment af Windows or Linux computer we could try that – we would just like to have one connected, and standby for demonstrations etc.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi JOWA,

Thank you for your reply.

I’ll send you an email directly and create a Support ticket to further assist on this issue with your Mac Mini.

Thank you for all the information on this post so far and we hope to find a solution for you soon!

Thanks,
      Adam

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hey, I’m making an app for Mac now and I need to test the UI. Do you know where I can find testers who can do this? I’ve heard this guys http://qatestlab.com/services/we-are-professionals-in/user-interface-testing/  are good. What do you think?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi evansmike,
      Thanks for posting. 
      We aren’t able to provide any information regarding testers for your UI but we are sure that someone out there can help!
      Thanks
      Adam

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.