Wireless Presentations
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Bryan GrindrodBryan Grindrod
      Participant

Hello!

We have several teachers that use their iPads (8th Gen iPadOS 15.4.1) and the MyPromethean App (3.2.0.0) to share their screen to our ActivPanel Nickel 65″ Model AP7_U65 (Firmware 5.1.300.36) using the Screen Share app on the board. Starting on the 20th of April, the resolution of the screen share has become very blurry. Our boards and iPads are connected to the same wireless VLAN. I haven’t tried a wired connection to the board or iPad. Any ideas what could be causing this or suggestions to try?

Hi Bryan,

To double check, if you use Airplay to mirror your devices, does this work any better for quality?

Many thanks,

Adam

Participant

Hi Adam,

Our problem with Airplay, is that we have several hundred devices and Airplay only shows 28 devices. A lot of the times the screen the teacher wants to use is not one of the listed devices. This was why we originally moved over to the myPromethean app so they can just input the pin code and connect.

I have found that the 5th Gen iPads work well, but a 6th, 7th, and 8th Gen present a blurry screen.

Bryan

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for the info.

Looking into this issue, we’re also able to replicate using the myPromethean app and suspect its in relation to the myPromethean and iOS versions.

We’ll raise this with our development team to investigate and we’ll let you know on any outcomes.

Thanks

Adam

Participant

Thank you Adam. I appreciate it!

Bryan

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Wireless Presentations’ is closed to new topics and replies.