Software Solutions
  • This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Clarissa BohanClarissa Bohan
      Participant

I have inputted my class lists into the database within the voting browser and all names are showing up correctly. However when I press ‘ok’ and return to the ‘Assign students to devices’ screen each child’s name is shown differently. For example a student who has been inputted as Holly Kelly is appearing as Holly% {1 Kelly?} This is happening for every name in the class and it is showing up this way on the ActivExpression devices also. Does anyone know why this is happening and how I can fix it? I’m puzzled as I use voting devices all the time and this has never happened to me before!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Clarissa.
      Thanks for posting on the forum.

Have you tried to reset your ActivHub listed in your ActivManager application and re-registering at all to see if this helps?
      Are you using ActivExpression or ActivExpression 2 devices? The model will be shown on the back of the device.
      Should the issue still persist after resetting the hub and re-registering I would recommend contacting Promethean Technical Support directly for further assistance.
      You can contact us by phone (http://www.prometheanworld.com/us/english/education/support/technical-support-numbers/) or alternatively by filling in the form on the below link:
      http://goo.gl/j3AT8S
      In either instance, please quote your reference number which is 00482903.
      Thanks

Anonymous
      Inactive

I just ran into this problem as well after yesterday’s 2.3.65940 update.  I’ll try the suggestions mentioned but not until the school day is over in case it causes problems.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I’ve had this issue since last Spring.  Since then I’ve even gotten a new hub, new Activpanel, and new laptop with a completely fresh install of all the software and still have this issue.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I still have this problem Mike. I think mine was as a result of the 2.3.65940 update also. Another teacher in my school has the same problem. What I find most irritating is that the names show up funny on the exported results in Excel too. 

Anonymous
      Inactive

I am also having this problem with my ActiVote devices. I had no trouble last year, but this year things are not working properly. Has anyone found a solution?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.