What is ActivInspire?
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      MaryMary
      Participant

We have several models of Prometheans throughout the school. All have DVD/VCRs connected to convert the RF feed (schoolwide cable or live TV) to digital video. The DVD/VCRs are connected via RCA cables. I’m having an issue with one board. There is video but no sound. If I play a video from the connected PC, there is sound, so I tried a different VCR and different RCA cables. Still no sound. Other suggestions?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi,

Thank you for your post.

Could you please indicate what is the model of the ActivBoard?
      Is the DVD/CR player connected to a connection plate/box or direct to the ActivBoard?

Thank you

Miguel
      Promethean Technical Support

Anonymous
      Inactive

I believe the board is an ActivBoard 500 pro. The RCA is plugged into a box.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi,
      Thanks for your reply.

Are you able to provide a photo of the set up?
      Please could you ensure that we can see the box that the RCA cables are plugged in to?

Thank you.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Anonymous
      Inactive

So, as you can see the video part works, just no sound. :/

Anonymous
      Inactive

Mary

Can you please plug an external device in to one of the ports on the side of the board by the stand by button, and let us know if you get sound from there? Try an iPhone or microphone or DVD player etc.

Is Promethean showing as a playback device in the Sounds folder?

Frances

Anonymous
      Inactive

iPhone directly to board works fine. Laptop to box has sound. Just not via RCA cables. 

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi there,

Thank you for providing the photos of the current set up.

We would need to ensure that the 3.5mm Jack cable is connected to the amplifier (on the left hand side of the ActivBoard). There will be 2 that needs to be connected to, one for the PC audio and one for the L and R audio from the wallbox you are using.

If these are already connected, they may be incorrectly connected, as such switch these over and see if you have any sound when playing the DVD/VCR.

If you are still having an issue please let me know.

Kind regards,
      Adam

Anonymous
      Inactive

That worked!!! Yay!!! Thanks so much!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Mary,

Thank you for letting us know. We’ll resolve the case but feel free to post if there’s anything else we can help with.

Thank you,
      Daniel

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.