Software Solutions
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Rebecca DaveyRebecca Davey
      Participant

This is a problem I know many other people have had with activinspire.
      The answers to these kinds of problems people have posted have said it may be due to the files being corrupted. However, I have saved files in various ways such as on the desktop of the laptop in use, on a pen drive and onto a network but this does not seem to affect whether the file will be corrupted. I don’t believe the files are corrupted.
      Another suggestion was to ensure files did not have a large number of media but I do not feel they do. Some files have had no media and a small number of pages and this still has been the result.
      This has caused me to lose a lot of work. Is this an issue with the new version or was it also a problem in older versions?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello Rebecca,

From what you’ve described to me, I believe this is still an issue with corrupt flipcharts (This is why you get the same result wherever you try to open the flipchart)- it’s just a matter of determining what’s causing the corruption and/or preventing it from happening moving forward. If you want to send us a flipchart to confirm, you’re welcome to do so by going to http://www.PrometheanKB.com and click contact us quoting case reference – 570380.

This is in our experience something that typically happens when a flipchart is saved. There were improvements made to the way the software saves flipcharts some time ago, so I want to ensure you’re relatively up to date. Can you please check your current version of Activinspire in Help- About?

Does this tend to happen more often with larger files, or files that have a lot of media stored in the flipchart? There may be an issue with your temp folders, where the file is stored while it’s open, and this would tend to affect larger files more.

We’d suggest updating to the latest version of Activinspire and saving to the hard drive, then transferring wherever you need first and foremost. If the issue still persists from there, your answer to the third question may prompt us to clear or look more closely at your temp folders. We expect any changes will not help flipcharts already affected, but let us know if following these suggestions you have issues with flipcharts looking correct before saving and then later not opening.

We look forward to hearing form you.

Craig.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.