Interactive Flat Panels
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Tara PlouffTara Plouff
      Participant

A user says her AP7-U75 will randomly close apps and restart itself occasionally–usually in the morning. The last time this happened, I tried hard resetting the board, but that didn’t work. Board is updated. Any ideas?

Kate PrometheanKate Promethean

Hello Tara,

Thanks for your post. Please could you confirm if the Panel has an integrated OPS-G or is it just the Panel Android source in use?

Is this issue with any apps in particular or all apps? Could you please confirm the exact version of firmware that appears in the update app? This can be accessed via the locker.

It may also be worth clearing all cache and cookies from the apps causing issues: settings > apps > app info > select the app in question > storage > clear cache and cookies.

When the Panel restarts itself could you please confirm the LED sequence?

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Kate

Promethean Technical Support

Tara PlouffTara Plouff
      Participant

It is an integrated OPS-G. The apps that usually cause the restart are Slides or Chromium (that’s what she uses the most). I cleared cache and cookies for those apps, but it still restarted itself yesterday. I don’t know the LED sequence when it restarts itself; the user did not see the lights when it happened.

Craig PrometheanCraig Promethean

Hello Tara,

Thank you for your post.

Does the whole ActivPanel reset? Do you only see this issue when using Chromium or a specific app/site?

If you could let us know what happens when the ActivPanel restarts, it will help us identify the cause.

Kind regards,

Craig

Tara PlouffTara Plouff
      Participant

Hi Craig,

Yes, the whole panel resets. The user says that the panel will be on (maybe on a Slide–she won’t even be touching the panel), and suddenly it will reset completely. The entire panel will shut down and go through the start process (the Promethean logo will come up, etc.). Also, she says for the last week, her annotation is spotty. Sometimes she can write without issue, but sometimes the pen (or her finger) will suddenly not be recognized (create spotty writing).

I have already cleared cache and appdata for Slides. The issue still happens.

Tara

Craig PrometheanCraig Promethean

Hello Tara,

Thank you for your post.

Can you please upgrade/reflash the firmware on the ActivPanel.

Instruction on how to do this can be found in support article 1744.

Please let us know the results.

Kind regards,

Craig

Ryan DieterRyan Dieter
      Participant

Tara ,

Why not just remove the OPS-G ? With the AP7 it is not needed anymore , and if you have Panel Management setup you can integrate Google Play with the panel

I had a similar issue, removed OPS-G and that eliminated the issue

OPS-G’s have no use in AP7 panels

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.