Interactive Whiteboards
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Rachel TribbleRachel Tribble
      Participant

An issue from someone I work with:
      When I was writing on the promethean board yesterday (I was in a flip chart that I downloaded that another teacher made – I had added a blank page and was writing on that.) The pen started acting funny – it wouldn’t make a continous line. Something popped up in a gray box and I remember it had two choices listed and then suddenly the page went away and was replaced by a white page blank except for the word “tits”. Only the word wasn’t spelled using all letters because I remember it looked kind of funny – maybe there were some symbols in place of some of the letters? I quickly did something that I can’t remember (maybe hit the back arrow?) and I got back to a blank page, but it was up there long enough for a couple of students up front to see. What happened?!?!? Have I been hacked?

Can you help?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Rachel,

Thanks for posting; I’m logging against case 501547.

My best guess is that for some reason the pen detected a R-click, which when the pen tool is selected in Activinspire will give the options for Select and Convert to Text (These would be the two options your colleague mentioned), and Convert to Text got selected.

So my primary question at this point is what caused the pen to detect a R-click; this could be the result of a slip of a finger causing the button on the pen to be pressed, or if you’re using a board with touch input, holding the pen in place, or could be related to the other interaction issue you mentioned. If you’re seeing the pen interact sporadically or R-click regularly, please let us know and we’ll address.

Another possible concern is how handwriting recognition came up with that particular word, though 1) I’m fairly confident it will be a one-off, and 2) I can’t really address this without knowing what the teacher was writing.

I trust you understand I can’t do much about the word the software picked up but definitely let us know if there’s an ongoing R-click or interaction issue that we can help with.

Thank you,
      Daniel Barnwell
      Promethean Technical Support

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.