Software Solutions
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Daniel JonesDaniel Jones
      Participant

I am currently using activinpsire.  However, after around 5-10 mins, I can no longer use the pen feature.  The curser moves but can no longer write on the board.  I am using Windows 10.  Been using it for years, but this has only just started happening.  Driving me crazy.

Can someone help?

thank you

Omar WestonOmar Weston
      Participant

Hi Daniel,

I have noticed this with several of my other schools and I’m trying to find out what’s causing it also. Ever since updating to 2.21 this has happened. Older versions I have running at other schools seem fine but 2.21 seems to be. Thought 2.22 would fix this but this has also received the same problem.

I can only tell the teachers to close activ and reopen it but his problem reoccurs. They can use their fingers fine to write on the board but they can only do this for so long.

James PrometheanJames Promethean

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your post.

A few questions to help us get a clearer picture of this matter:

Are you aware of any updates to ActivInspire or your OS which occurred prior to this issue presenting itself?
      What versions of ActivInspire, Windows and ActivManager (if installed) are you currently running?
      Are you using an ActivBoard (with a projector) or ActivPanel?
      If an ActivPanel, is this issue still present when using your finger instead of the pen?

Hi Omar,

Thanks also for your post.

What OS versions are the teachers’ laptops running?

Are they all using ActivBoards (later models with finger touch capabilities) or ActivPanels?

Do they have ActivManager installed? If so, what version?
      Thanks

James

Omar WestonOmar Weston
      Participant

Hi James,

One school I have are using the latest windows build 21H1 and the other is using 1909.

Both Schools are using Activipanels a mixture of v3’s to v6’s

The school using the 21h1 build doesn’t have activmanager as they are using dual screens. The other school has activmanger installed.

This occurred after updating inspire to 2.21 and still occurred after updating to 2.22.

Appreciate you can come with a solution James.

Thanks,

Omar

James PrometheanJames Promethean

Hi Omar,

Thanks for confirming all that.

Please can you open ActivInspire on one of the affected systems and go to “File > Settings > Dual Mode ActivBoards.

What are the “Touch input handling” and “Touch interoperability” settings set to?

Have you tried changing the interoperability setting to see if this improves the interactivity?

Just to confirm, this issue is only present when using ActivInspire? Or do you get similar issues when running other software as well?

Thanks

James

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.