Interactive Whiteboards
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

When I connect my computer to the promethean board, the lavender colored flame comes on, but the pen won’t actually write. When I touch the board with the pen, all that happens is what window I have open gets open and closed? My laptop has windows 10 on it, and I am not sure if that might be part of the problem?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi hjwitt,

Thanks for posting on the Support Community.

With regard to the issue you are experiencing, have you tried to calibrate the ActivPen?
      If not, please try this and see what happens.

Alternatively, please test another known working ActivPen to see if the issue follows the ActivBoard or ActivPen.

This could also be in relation to a driver fault, please can you let me know what version of the ActivDriver you are using?
      You can find this information on the below link:
      https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/?kb=1012

If you are using a version prior to 5.14.21, please remove your USB cable from the computer which is connecting to the ActivBoard and uninstall your current ActivDriver.
      Restart your computer and install the latest version from the link below:
      https://support.prometheanworld.com/product/activdriver

If you have any questions please let me know.

Kind regards,
      Adam
      Promethean Technical Support

Anonymous
      Inactive

I have a lavender flame, but once my pen connects to the board, it turns blue and the pen doesn’t work. How do I fix this?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi nedrahackett,

Thanks for posting.

From what you have mentioned, the ActivBoard is connected and detected on the computer (lavender flame) and changes blue when the pen touches the board surface. It may just need calibrating again. Have you tried this?
      If you have, please try and power off the ActivBoard and disconnect the USB cable for 5 minutes, turn back on and then once connected, try and calibrate again.

I hope this information helps.

Kind regards,
      Adam
      Promethean Technical Support

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.