Interactive Whiteboards
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      SarahSarah
      Participant

We have an Activeboard 78 purchased in 2007.  Over the last month when using the pen it starts drawing random lines outwards from where it is touching the board.  We have tried using a different pen but the same things happen.  This is an intermittent problem unfortunately.

Thank you.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for your post.

Please check steps below:

– ensure the USB cable is no longer than 5m and not connected to any extenders
      – does the same problem happen if you try another USB cable?
      – does the same problem happen with another laptop/computer?

In addition, let us know the current firmware installed on the board.

Thank you

Miguel
      Promethean Technical Support

Anonymous
      Inactive

I am having the same problem – the pen draws random jagged lines across the board. I’ve tried changing USB cable, changing laptop ans changing pen, all to no avail. Any further ideas?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for your post.

Can you please confirm the model of ActivBoard you have? you will find the model on the ActivBoard.

Also can you please confirm the driver and firmware version you have? These can be found in your ActivManager control panel.

Once we have this information we can advised if either need to be updated.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Craig

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Craig
      My board is PRM-AB3-01
      The driver is v5.8.46.3
      The firmware is v3.67 Build 1
      Hope this information helps, do I need to download an upgrade??
      Gregor

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Gregor, (Sarah, this should work for you too)

To download the latest version of the firmware please follow the link below:

https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/?kb=2nd-Generation-USB-ActivBoard-firmware-upgrade

As with any firmware upgrade there is always a very slim chance of failure and as this ActivBoard is no longer under warranty then the update is done at your own risk. To reduce the risk ensure that if using a laptop that you have the power supply plugged in.

We hope this resolves your issue.

Kind Regards,
      Paul

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thanks for that information.

Unfortunately, in following the instructions as given on article 1038, when I get as far as highlighting the Hardware tab on the Control Panel, it will not give me the option to upgrade. (The upgrade button is visible but dulled). Can you please advise me what I should do next?

Gregor

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi,

Is the Upgrade option greyed out? If so, this means that you need Admin rights in order to perform the upgrade.

Thank you

Miguel

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.