Interactive Whiteboards
  • This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Julian ThomasJulian Thomas
      Participant

Installed / swapped the board from another room but this PC can’t find or connect to it.  I deleted the old driver and installed the most recent too. (yes, the right ’32’ bit driver too)

Any ideas? 

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Julian,

Thanks for your post.

Can you please confirm what driver you have installed? The latest driver is 5.12.1, If you do not have the very latest please remove the current driver and go to http://www.PrometheanKB.coma nd search for article 10902 to download.

Also can you please confirm if the ActivBoard has power? Does the LED on the ActivBoard light up?

We look forward to hearing from you,

Craig

Case ref – 601464

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thanks Craig,
      The board has the light on and it even goes purple when the pen touches the board, it just doesn’t move like a mouse or makes marks like it should.
      On installation the pen worked for 1 minute, then Windows did it’s automatic ‘found new hardware’ and loading new software’ and then it didn’t work.
      On Knowledgebase I followed the instructions, deleting the old driver and downloading and installing 5.12.17. Restarted the PC but it wasn’t working still. (light changes to purple still though)
      On Devices & ‘System Manager ‘ it has no knowledge of anything from Promethean and the Human Interface bits only recognise 2 x USB hubs. Mice and Pointers too only has one item and not a Promethean pen.
      🙁

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Julian,

Sorry to hear that you are still having these issues. Could you please try swapping the USB cable and bypassing any faceplates or USB extenders and use a cable that is 3m or less?

Also could you try another computer that you know works with this model of ActivBoard?

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Kind Regards,
      Paul

Promethean Technical Support

Anonymous
      Inactive

If it’s a PC that’s the same age as the board (possibly 4 years old) both would be using USB2 I’d have thought… would a different cable really be the issue / solution?

Anyway, no Faceplate involved, just a 1m USB extension cable.
      I’ll get back to you.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Julian,

Thanks for your post.

Yes, a cable can cause the interaction issue. If the cable is too long it will loose the connection / interaction.

We look forward to hearing form you.

Craig

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.