Interactive Flat Panels
Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
      Randy SassRandy Sass
      Participant

We’re currently experiencing problems with our Nickle Boards and Screen Share. All boards have the most current firmware installed.  Using HP laptops, we are only able to use screen share through the Chrome Extension.  When a teacher tries to use the Screen Share app installed to their laptop, the connected sessions only last about 30 seconds. After that, the board disconnects the shared session and the teacher has to reconnect. Using the Chrome extension is more stable, but there is no touch-back capability. The green border is around the screen, but nothing you do on the board translates to the laptop, and nothing done on the laptop shows on the board.  What are we missing here?

Hi Randy,

Thank you for reaching out.

On your panels, please clear the cache and data for the Screen Share app. You can do this by going to the Locker > Settings > Apps > App Info > screen Share > Storage Clear Data > Click OK.

From here Reboot the panel and try again with the Sender application.

You may also want to check and ensure that your firewall is not blocking the Screenshare Sender app.

Please also ensure your computers and the panel are on the same network to allow a stable connection.

If the issue persists, try uninstalling the sender and reinstalling on your computers. We have included the download link for you below.

https://share.mypromethean.com/

If you continue to have any issues, please let us know. In your response, please include the specific firmware version number the panels are running.

Hope this helps!

Thank you,

Krista
      Promethean Technical Support

Fernando De La RosaFernando De La Rosa
      Participant

Good Afternoon,

I am having the similar issues at my school; we are currently using macs (all are using 10.13 and higher).  When teachers try to screen share we are getting the error message “Panel ID Error. Please try again”.  I updated the board as well as the OSPI reinstalled the newest version of the screen share (v 1.9.6.0)  program and even factory reset one of the boards and still no luck.  We tried to air play but the board does not appear.  I tried the steps mentioned above and was able to clear the cache but still unable to screen share.  This issue started happening last week.  Is there anything else I can check?

Lisa WelchLisa Welch
      Participant

I am having same issue, I did all the steps above and uninstalled and reinstalled screen share.1.9.7.1.  This just started happening last week as well.

Jodi MilnerJodi Milner
      Participant

We are also having this same issue, school wide.

I have updated the board. Reinstalled the software on our computers, I even installed the software on my phone and can not connect to the activpanel, getting the error, “Panel ID Error. Please try again”

This has to be a promethean error. I hope there is a fix soon! All of our teachers use this daily.

Tina McMasterTina McMaster
      Participant

I am having the same issue. It was working last Friday when we left for Spring Break.  I depend on screenshare everyday to teach with my broken leg this month.  Please fix asap!

James PrometheanJames Promethean

Hi all,

Thanks for your posts.

Our product teams have been investigating the Screen Share issues that you have reported and have made some internal changes to the server which now resolves the connection issue with Screen Share.

If you do have any further issues, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Thanks

James

Le Support Technique Promethean

paul Martinpaul Martin
      Participant

Hey James,

We are still having issues since you made internal changes. Any suggestions? We are getting numerous tickets from teachers.

Thanks in advance,

Paul Martin

Craig PrometheanCraig Promethean

Hello Paul,

Thank you for your post.

Can you advise what issues you are seeing since the changes have been made?

We look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Craig

Erin ArmijoErin Armijo
      Participant

Hello- I am having this issue as of yesterday. Friday I left and all was well. This MAKES my instruction possible..so without it students in person are stuck on their screens as I share in google meets instead…its terrible.

I know it is not my board- has to be a bug. I have a laptop and a desktop- I had been able to toggle between the two- but today its been challenging. After the typical troubleshooting: restarting, updating, reinstalling, etc- I got my laptop to share- but my desktop has continually said: “Panel ID error: please try again”. I have restated my board and computer numerous times…refreshed the code atleast 20 times- and still only my laptop connects.

PLEASE fix this! Its the final 2 weeks of school!

Hi Erin,

Thanks for posting.

Please confirm if the panel is on the same network as the computer.

Have you cleared cache in the app?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Carrie

Erin ArmijoErin Armijo
      Participant

Oh my gosh! You are my SAVIOR! At first I though..yes, of course my computer is on the same network..and I tried to clear the cache from the app (but there were no advanced options for that specific app)..and I decided to check the network just in case- and YES! My computer (for some RANDOM reason- decided when I restarted to connect to the guest network at my school instead! I switched it back- and problem solved! Thank you so, so, so much- always 1 little detail that you overlook! Positive vibes your way- I hope you win the lottery- you do not even know how much easier you made my instruction!

Hello Erin,

Thank you for your reply.

We are happy to hear the issue was solved following the suggested steps.

Should you have any more queries, please do not hesitate to get back in touch.

Kind regards,

Arianna

Steve ClaySteve Clay
      Participant

I am having the same issue of losing connection after 25 minutes. We ensured we are on the same network and the issue is not resolved.

Craig PrometheanCraig Promethean

Hello Steve,

Thank you for your post.

Can you confirm what device you are using Screen share on?

Can you also confirm the Promethean device you are using and the software version running?

Do you get an error message?

Thank you,

Craig

Steve ClaySteve Clay
      Participant

Hi Craig,

I am using a Promethan Activpanel model Acon-ops version 2.4.4.4, Android Version 6.0.1. I am using an HP ELitebook 360. I do not get an error message but rather the screen just stops sharing and it goes back to the panel to add users to share the screen.

Hello Steve,

Thank you for your reply.

Have you cleared cache and data in the Screen Share app?

What is the Screen Share version on the computer? Please, make sure you are running the latest.

Please, refer to the following article for guidance on the network considerations: https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/1796.

Kind regards,

Arianna

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.