Projectors
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Henrike HawkinsHenrike Hawkins
      Participant

The projector is not showing the laptop picture. I have connected it directly from the laptop into the “computer 1” port on the back of the projector, so it can’t be the distribution box. I have checked and made sure that the computer is set to send a picture to the computer. I am using Windows 7.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Henrike,

Thank you for posting. I’m logging this post against case number 492889.

Do you happen to know what model projector this is? Is it a Promethean projector?

Thanks for bypassing your connection box and running directly to Computer 1. Can you please confirm if the projector is set to the appropriate input for Computer 1? If you have an option for RGB, Component, or RGB Scart, can you please ensure RGB is selected?

When you indicate you made sure that the computer was sending the image over, is it detecting the projector as a separate display? Can you try both cloned/mirrored and extended desktop mode and let us know if either works? What is your display resolution and refresh rate and can you try lowering either to see if it makes a difference?

Please let us know what you find and we’ll assist as we’re able- it may help us to confirm the model or serial number of the projector, if you’re able to give us the serial, please contact us via the phone or knowlegebase and reference your case number above.

Thank you,
      Daniel Barnwell
      Promethean Technical Support

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello! Thanks for all your suggestions, and sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I tried a bit more, pressing the “computer” button on the remote (which presumably cycles the input between “computer1” and “computer2”. That did not do anything, but then I connected the cable to the “computer2” socket. This immediately gave me a picture with the computer going to “extended” mode automatically , then I could set it to “mirror” and I now have the picture (both in “computer1” and “computer2”, direct and through the box.)

My problem now is the keystoning. Pressing the “keystoning” button on the remote does not do anything. I can find it on the menu, but again the picture does not change.

I am afraid I can’t see either the model or the serial number on the projector. It is an orange Promethean, and it would seem the numbers must be on the (upturned) bottom side  where I cannot see.

Any suggestions what I could do here? Thank you again for your help!

Henrike

Anonymous
      Inactive

Henrike,

No worries.

Using the keystone function of the projector should be doing something, even if not what you want; for most of our projector models, selecting keystone either through the remote or menu will open the keystone menu, from there you’d need to use the arrows to adjust.

What keystoning your projector should to, is change the angles of the left and right sides of the image, allowing you to get them parallel to each other (ie to get your image rectangular). Is this the issue that you need to fix? Are the top and bottom of your image parallel to each other, and to the ground? If not, using keystone will not resolve the issue.

Feel free to contact us through the knowledgebase and reference your existing case number, providing us with pictures of what your image looks like, and we may be able to identify what needs to be done to resolve the issue.

Thank you,
      Daniel Barnwell
      Promethean Technical Support

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.