March 8, 2021 at 4:26 pm #32772Steven SchusterParticipant
My Promethean Board Pens no longer work. I can use the pen feature only from the computer. My school’s tech support fixed the problem, but it only worked temporarily. My board is about 10 years old, so maybe I need new pens. Please advise.
March 9, 2021 at 3:41 pm #32796Craig PrometheanModerator
Thank you for your post.
Can you please confirm the model of ActivBoard you have. to help you find this, please take a look at support article 1088.
Do you have any other pens of the same model you can test with? This will confirm if the issue the pen and not the ActivBoaed itself.
We look forward to hearing from you.
March 9, 2021 at 4:10 pm #32799Steven SchusterParticipant
My board’s is a ABV378PRO. I have four pens. Two light gray pens and two dark gray pens. None of them work on the board.
March 10, 2021 at 2:57 pm #32821Paul PrometheanModerator
Thanks for your reply. I had to edit your post to remove the serial number as this can be used to generate ActivInspire licences so I have replaced it with the model number.
Can you please check that you have the latest version of ActivDriver installed- https://support.prometheanworld.com/product/-activdriver-
Can you please confirm the following:
- If the amplifier button on the side is lit and what color it is?
- If the LED in the top left of the ActivBoard is lit, if so what color?
- Does the ActivBoard show in ActivManager? If so what is the firmware version?
- When you touch the pen to the surface of the ActivBoard, does the LED change colour?
We look forward to your reply.
Promethean Technical Support
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Release notes for ClassFlow v6.13 (US release 29 January 2021 / Global release 5 February 2021)
- Release notes for ActivInspire v2.21 (released 5 January 2021)
- Release notes for ActivPanel Elements Series v4.3.0 (released 16 December 2020) and v4.3.1 (released 7 January 2021)
- Release notes for myPromethean portal v1.4 (released 2 December 2020)
- Release notes for ActivConnect OPS-G v2.4.4 (released 16 October 2020)