August 16, 2019 at 9:00 am #16777
Promethean Panel Management saves time, money, and effort for school technology administrators by providing them with the ability to centrally and remotely manage all ActivPanel Elements Series interactive displays within their organization. Administrators can ensure that ActivPanel Elements Series panels are secure, and teachers have access to the latest Promethean firmware, software, and classroom essential apps.
Google and Microsoft O365 Sign-in and Account Creation
- Users can sign in to myPromethean using their school credentials if they are using Google or Microsoft O365. If this is the first time they have signed in, they will be asked to complete their account information by selecting their country location and language preference. They will also be asked to check a box to indicate that they agree to our End User License Agreement. These items must be done to complete their account and access myPromethean tools and products.
Username and Password Sign-in and Account Creation
- This sign-in method is only recommended for users that are NOT using Google or Microsoft O365 to authenticate for their school’s other products.
- Users can sign in to myPromethean using a username and password. They should use their school email.
- If this is the first time they have signed in, they should select “Need a Promethean Account” to set up an account. They will be asked to complete their account information and check a box to indicate that they agree to our End User License Agreement. These items must be done to complete their account and access myPromethean tools and products.
- Next time a user signs in they should enter in the user name and password that they set up. Should they forget their password, there is a forgot password flow that will help them reset it.
- Once signed in, users will have access to training materials and quick access to download the appropriate Screen Share client application.
- When an Organization (school, district, etc.) has been on-boarded there will be an associated email domain. The email domain must be unique to the organization.
- As users sign in for the first time with an email address that has a matching domain, that user will be automatically placed into that Organization. There is no need for an Admin to add every user to their Organization.
- Users with an Organization Admin role can see the User Management tool for their organization.
- Within this tool they can see a list of all of the users that are members of their organization. The list view will show them the name, email, roles, active status, and date registered. Sorting, hiding, and filters can be used to reduce the list to an appropriate set. Search can be used to find a user based on their first name, last name, or email address.
- Users with an Organization Administration role can use the User Management tool to assign and unassign roles for users.
- There are two roles that can be assigned:
- Organization Administrator – can assign roles, suspend and reactivate users, and see the full list of users for a domain
- Panel Administrator – can use the Panel Management web app for all panel management features including enrolment. (Please see Panel Management section below for details)
- All users will have the Teacher role by default. This role is not assignable or unassignable by Organization Administrators.
- Users with an Organization Administration role can use the User Management tool to suspend and reactivate users. When a user is suspended, they will not be able to log into Promethean products with that account.
- This is only recommended for Organizations that are using username and password for sign-in. If your organization is using Google or Microsoft O365, user suspensions and activations should be handled through those tools.
myPromethean Roles for Panel Management
- There are two roles that can be assigned through the myPromethean User Management app that will support managing panels in the Panel Management app:
- Panel Administrator – can use the Panel Management web app for all panel management features including enrolment.
- Organization Administrator – can assign roles, suspend and reactivate users, and see the full list of users for a domain (please see the Portal and User Management release notes for more details.)
- ActivPanels are enrolled for management by using the myPromethean mobile app (available on the App Store for iOS and the Google Play Store for Android) to scan a QR code generated by the Panel Management app on a given ActivPanel.
- If you create a set of Tags and/or Tag Groups to organize ActivPanels in the Panel Management web app prior to enrolling panels, those Tags will be available for selection in the myPromethean mobile app during enrolment of a panel.
- The Software Update feature supports updating ActivPanel Elements Series software to the most recent update available on the Promethean software update server. You can send an update command to one or multiple ActivPanels with one of two timing considerations:
- Update Now will trigger a panel to check for an available update on the server, download the update, and apply the update as soon as the panel is online and receives the trigger.
- Update Later will send the trigger to the panel immediately but helps avoid interrupting current ActivPanel activity by executing the software update only between the hours of 7:00PM (19:00) and 6:00AM (06:00) and only upon the ActivPanel entering Standby mode. ActivPanel Elements Series enter Standby mode after two hours of inactivity.
Applying Tags to Panels Under Management
- With the Panel Management web app, you can create Tags and Tag Groups to better organize large deployments of ActivPanels by attributes that you define, such as school, connection type, etc.
The forum ‘Announcements’ is closed to new topics and replies.
- Release Notes for ClassFlow v6.8 (released to US users 6 September 2019)
- Release Notes for myPromethean Portal, Panel Management and User Management (released 16th August 2019)
- Release Notes for ActivConnect OPS-G v2.4 for use with ActivPanel Elements Series (released 16th August 2019)
- Release Notes for ActivPanel Elements Series v3.2 (released 16th August 2019)
- Release Notes for ActivInspire v2.17 (released 13th August 2019)