Wireless Presentations
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Joe ParkJoe Park
      Participant

Hi all,

So, the Screen Share extension gives us an RTC error when we try to connect to a Nickel panel.  This is understandable, because we have our wireless setup in NAT mode; wireless clients can’t talk to each other.

BUT, when we use the Windows and iOS Screen Share apps, we can connect.

Has anyone else had this happen?  Is there a way to keep our network in NAT mode and successfully use the Chrome extension?

Slim PrometheanSlim Promethean

Hello Joe,

Thank you for your post!

We have seen instances where updating the Chrome OS to the latest version may resolve the ScreenShare RTC error.

Please make sure that Chrome OS is updated to the latest version.

Kind regards,
      Slim

Promethean Technical Support

Xan RobertiXan Roberti
      Participant

I have the same issue!  I’d love more info on how to resolve this!

Ashley SAshley S
      Participant

I, and I’m sure many others, prefer a solution that does not involve updating to the latest version of Chrome OS, if possible. Many school districts are limited to previous Chrome versions to comply with state testing/app requirements.

Paul PrometheanPaul Promethean

Hi Xan and Ashley,

Thanks for your replies.  As this would appear to be an issue with Chrome OS it is not something that we can change, as the change to make it work involves updating the latest Chrome version.

If we can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to get back in touch.

Thanks

Paul

kate alstotkate alstot
      Participant

I have updated my Chrome just now and the problem persists. It still says RTC Connecting and then RTC failed.

Craig PrometheanCraig Promethean

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

This may be due to a network issue. Please go to https://test.webrtc.org/, run the test and see if this helps you to identify where the issue is failing.

Also, can you please make the suggested changes in the below support 1796.

Please let us know if you need any further support.

Kind regards,

Craig

Lee YangLee Yang
      Participant

I have a few students who are screen sharing using the chrome extension…..and I’m see the RTC connecting and then RTC failed on the promethean board….All students have the same laptop…..

The other students don’t have any problems…….What could be causing this?

Hello Lee,

Thank you for your post.

As suggested below, we advise you update the Chrome extension and also run the Web RTC Test https://test.webrtc.org/. This will help narrow down where in the network the error is coming from.

Do you have the same issue when connecting these devices via a mobile hotspot? Please, also refer to the following article regarding network considerations when using Screen Share: https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/1796/.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Arianna

Promethean Technical Support

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.