Interactive Whiteboards
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Liz MuriasLiz Murias
      Participant

Good morning – How / Where can I access the serial no of my activboard ?  I think I need to upgrade the firmware – Currently having problems with ‘spiky’ writing . I’ve tried other pens, other usb cables and re-setting the projector.The board shows proACTIV in the top right hand corner . and has a blue frame – prob nearly 10 years old. I know the driver version is up tp date V 5.846.3 – the firmware version currently installed is v3.35 Build2usb.  We are running Activ Inspire ( upgraded from Activ Primary) Suggestions welcome please Thanks – Liz

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello Liz,

Thank you for your post.

Before we can send the firmware file we would need the serial number.

I will send you an email to request this.

Thank you,

Craig

Anonymous
      Inactive

My original post was asking where to find the serial no !!!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Craig

After installing the firmware upgrade you kindly supplied we still have the same issue with the pen ‘spiking’ randomly whenever we attempt to write in any programme and the calibration is always about 5cm out even after a 25 point calibration.   We have tried different (shorter) usb cables , different pens , different laptops – all no good.  Cannot connect the usb cable directly into the board by-passing the box, as was suggested in an e-mail response, since the board has been installed tight against the wall and I cannot get to the cables / electrics at all.  Any other suggestions gratefully received – otherwise I think a replacement board may be our only option  🙁

Thanks    Liz

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Liz,

Thanks for coming back to us. The spiking is normally caused by a fault in the electronics, this is often resolved by the firmware update, however this can also be caused by a faulty wallbox connection. The calibration issue is almost always caused by a faulty USB or wallbox.

Although taking the ActivBoard off the wall is not always feasible, there is a strong chance that fitting a new USB cable directly the port on the top left will resolve your issue without the need to replace the hardware. As you have tested changing everything else this is the only troubleshooting step to remain.

If we can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to get back in touch.

Kind Regards,
      Paul

Promethean Technical Support

(Support Case: 620154)

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Liz,

Thanks for coming back to us. The spiking is normally caused by a fault in the electronics, this is often resolved by the firmware update, however this can also be caused by a faulty wallbox connection. The calibration issue is almost always caused by a faulty USB or wallbox.

Although taking the ActivBoard off the wall is not always feasible, there is a strong chance that fitting a new USB cable directly the port on the top left will resolve your issue without the need to replace the hardware. As you have tested changing everything else this is the only troubleshooting step to remain.

If we can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to get back in touch.

Kind Regards,
      Paul

Promethean Technical Support

(Support Case: 620154)

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.