Software Solutions
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Roxanne RizziRoxanne Rizzi
      Participant

I am the new technology teacher for my school. It has come to my attention that we have several boards that need a software update. I have attempted an update and each time I get an red error message. Not sure what to do next.

Adam H PrometheanAdam H Promethean
      Senior Moderator

Hi Roxanne,

Thanks for your post. The version 5 ActivPanel doesn’t have an onboard operating system and will require a separate pieces of hardware such as a laptop or ActivConnect device to be connected to it.

Is it possible that your school has either ActivConnect G-Series (small silver box) devices or ActivConnect OPS-G (black OPS devices) devices connected to your ActivPanels?

If this is the case, it could be that the error message is coming from the ActivConnect device connected to the ActivPanel. Please refer to the following articles which discusses necessary network considerations to allow the update to be performed – https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/1796/#OTA

Please confirm what is connected to your ActivPanel so that we can advise further.

Kind regards,
      Adam H

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.