Interactive Whiteboards

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 4 years, 8 months ago.

• Author
    ronanhealy
    ronanhealy
    Participant

Hello,

An Activboard has the ‘spiking’ problem. I am not sure what software and firmware should be installed as I do not know which Activboard this is. No model number is visible along the sides, can you tell from the pictures linked? Otherwise I guess I’ll have to take it off the wall somehow.

http://www.ronanweb.com/images/Activboard/Activboard1.jpg

http://www.ronanweb.com/images/Activboard/Activboard2.jpg

http://www.ronanweb.com/images/Activboard/Activboard3.jpg

Cheers,

Ronan.

Anonymous

Hi Ronan, thank you for posting and providing the picture. 
    I can confirm you have what we class as an “AC2 board”, the serial number would normally have been on a plastic tag on the bottom left hand corner of the board, but might have been turned behind the board.
    The safest way to confirm would be to read out the current firmware and driver installed on the PC. 

If you click on the activmanager icon for the board connection on your computer, right click it and go into the control panel from the menu that pops up, you will be able to see the firmware listed behind the board, as well as the driver version at the bottom of this screen (Copyright Promethean version x.x). 

If you could also confirm which type of operating system is on your machine then we can make sure you get the right driver. 

I have also created a case reference, please don’t hesitate to call if you would like some help with this. 

Anonymous

Hi Wendy,
    Thanks for the quick reply.  It’s Windows 7 32-bit.  After my failed attempt at fixing the problem / reinstalling, the computer isn’t recognising the Activboard.  The computer sees that something is connected in device manager but doesn’t know what, so it now doesn’t show the driver or firmware version.   As the computer is running slowly anyway I’m hoping to do a fresh install of the OS and the correct software and hopefully the board will be recognised then.

Cheers,
    Ronan.

Anonymous

Hi Ronan, 

These boards often connect through what we call a “wallbox”, so rather than having a USB cable connecting directly from the electronic behind the board to the PC, it is going through this wallbox first. 
    I would test the board with a direct connection if at all possible if you haven’t already reinstalled everything. 
    After that it’s important to make sure the board is initially NOT connected whilst installing the Promethean ActivDriver for the board.

You can download the most up to date driver for your system and board from our KB here

Anonymous

Hi Wendy,

I took the board down so I can now connect to it directly.
    Product code: PRM-AB2-01
    Serial Number: B0901090176

With board disconnected when I go to install Activ Inspire suite I receive following error:

ActivDriver x86 Err:1603

Any advice?

Cheers,
    Ronan.

Anonymous

Hi Ronan, 

That error message usually means the installation is trying to access a network location the logged on user account does not have sufficient permissions to access. I wouldn’t install the Inspire Suite if you have already installed the latest driver as it will overwrite the current installation and try and update the driver again, which might cause conflicts and further connection issues. 

Check your current driver installation on the machine you are trying to connect to the board by right-clicking on the ActivManager icon in the system tray and going to Control Panel. 
    The version of the ActivDriver will be noted at the bottom of the screen under “Copyright Promethean version x.xx.x”  If you are on 5.10 and your board is already being detected and you can use the pen on the desktop surface, then you should be good to go as far as board connection is concerned. 
    Is there a reason why you need to reinstall ActivInspire?  Was it removed when you did a fresh install of the OS?  
    If so, here is a link to the latest version of Inspire for Windows, without the driver. 
    To install, download the Zip and extract it on the machine. Then open it and go into the App folder and double-click the ActivInspire exe for installation. 

Anonymous

Hi Wendy, I removed the sw to do a fresh install to try fix problem, but it will not fully install now with this error appearing so I cannot access Activ control panel. I installed ActivInspire on a freshly installed win7 machine, spiking on this too. Control panel lists the following:

Description: ActivBoard
    Firmware: V3.67 Build 1
    Connection: USB
    Driver Version: v 5.8.46.3
    ID: 1
    Serial Number: 136260f8

Cheers,
    Ronan.

Anonymous

Copyright (c) Promethean 2014 – Version 5.10.15

Anonymous

Hi Ronan, 

From your last reply, can I assume you were able to successfully install the driver on it’s own and you can now see the activmanager icon on the PC?  The fact that you have listed the Firmware in the previous reply indicates you must have a board connection, so we’re good from that point of view. Forget about the ActivInspire software for the moment, it’s unrelated to the current issue. 
    Now that we have everything working, please can you upgrade the firmware on the electronics of the board. 
    The file you need for this board can be downloaded here and the instructions on how to do it can be found on our KB here

Please don’t hesitate to call in to our Tech Support if you need any help with this at all.
    Should the Firmware update not fix the spiking issue, then the next step would be to replace the Electronics on the board, which would be chargeable as the board is no longer under warranty. 

Anonymous

Thanks, my usual http://www.prometheanplanet.com username and password do not work for that link…

Anonymous

Sorry about that Ronan, I have fixed the link. 
    https://promethean.box.com/s/zvielakjgjy7sxeiuath

Anonymous

Thanks for all your help Wendy, upgrading the firmware has solved the spiking issue 🙂

Anonymous

Great news, thanks so much for taking the time to let me know, that’s very kind, have a great weekend! 

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.