Software Solutions

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 2 years, 10 months ago.

• Author
    Jon Chambers
    Jon Chambers
    Participant

When is Promethean going to support PowerPoint 2013?

Anonymous

Hello Jon,

Thank you for your post.

We currently do not have a date / if we will be supporting Microsoft office 2013.

I will add your request to our enhancement request.

If you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you,

Craig

Anonymous

In regards to the use of Promethean software with PowerPoint 2013, was the question of compatibility about the ActivInspire Software importing PPT files made in that software or with the Promethean ActivOffice Plug-In being used with PowerPoint 2013?

(Support Case 00598717)

Anonymous

ActivOffice. But importing pot files into Inspire is still hit and miss.

Anonymous

We will raise an enhancement for compatibility with Office 2013 to be introduced in a future release of the Promethean ActivOffice Plug-in for Microsoft PowerPoint. Any announcement of that compatible release would be made on Promethean Planet and the Support Community.

In regards to importing PowerPoint files into Inspire, two workarounds we recommend for this issue are to 1) Remove any spaces from the file’s name and/or shorten the name of the file in question and 2) move the file in question to the User’s desktop or other location on the computer with a shorter path name. Article 11085 from our Knowledgebase will also go over these steps.

(Support Case 00598717)

Anonymous

Hi Jon,

In addition the workaround in the meantime is to use ClassFlow.

Alternatively, you can install Microsoft 2010 with ActivOffice, and then upgrade to 2013, the plug in will then still carry on working.

Thank you
    Miguel
    Promethean Technical Support

Anonymous

Hello, 

I’m sorry if infos have already been communicated, but I haven’t found it on the website… 
    As I can see, ActivInspire & ActivOffice are still not supporting Powerpoint 2013… so, I guess, not 2016 either. 

Do we have any news concerning an update of these softwares? I’ve tried all workarounds proposed by the support team with no results (shorter path, shortest name possible, etc…), and I don’t wanna go back to  the 2010 version…  

Thanks in advance for your reply

Anonymous

Hello julie982,

We currently have no time scale on the next release of ActivInspire / ActivOffice and if it will support Powerpoint 2013 and so on.

I have added your request to our developers. 

Thank you,

Craig 

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.