Software Solutions
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Dev NullDev Null
      Participant

Hi, I downloaded the software and I have a touchscreen laptop. I plan on buying the software. My question is do I need a stylus to be able to write on the screen and what kind of stylus? Thank you

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Dev.
      For the stylus, this would depend on what the laptop manufacturer would recommend.
      You will be able to use your finger/stylus to draw and write on your touchscreen laptop within the ActivInspire software.
      I hope this information helps.
      Case reference: 00477680

Anonymous
      Inactive

I’m sorry. I have a touch screen laptop but only with the mouse I can draw. Any idea why?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Dev,
      What happens within ActivInspire when you try and draw on your touch screen?
      Thanks

Anonymous
      Inactive

It creates a highlight box shadow when I try to draw using my fingers, sir. As if I was trying to select objects.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Dev,

It seems that some settings need to be changed in your ActivInspire.

Please open ActivInspire and change the settings below:

– Open ActivInspire, click on File and then choose Settings
      – Select Dual Mode ActivBoards within the Settings tabs
      – You will see 4 dropdown menus – ensure that they are in the following order: Touch and ActivPen; Default; Pen; Any
      – Test the touch.

Please let us know if you require further details.

Miguel
      Promethean Technical Support

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thank you very much for your input and expertise.  It is working now.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Dev,

We are glad to know the issue has been resolved. 
      This case will be closed in our system, but please do not hesitate to contact us again should you require further assistance.

Miguel

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi, I am getting ready to purchase a laptop.  Is there a particular brand/model you would recommend?

Anonymous
      Inactive

PS….I teach preschool and use a promethean board in my classroom. What brand/model of laptop would you recommend to use with the promethean board?  I think a touch screen would be helpful, but would like your opinion.
      Thank you,

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi mrgrinch,

Thanks for posting.

We do not have any recommendations for laptops or computers that work with the Promethean Hardware. 

Providing that the computers have the minimum specification to run both the ActivDriver and ActivInspire software (which most new computers will do) then all should work with no issues.

Kind regards,
      Adam

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.