Interactive Flat Panels
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Brian DutkoBrian Dutko
      Participant

When a laptop is hooked up to my promethean board we are able to extend the screen and still use the touch screen function.  I tried hooking an additional monitor to my laptop to have 3 screens, but when I did this, I lost the touch screen functionality on my promethean board.  Any thoughts why this may have happened?

Slim PrometheanSlim Promethean

Hi Brian,

Thank you for your post.

We kindly invite you to visit our support article for more information on Windows Extended Desktop on Promethean Hardware.

It’s worth noting that Windows only supports stylus, touch and palm erase inputs in extended desktop. Mouse inputs in extended desktop are thus not supported as they cannot be configured for more than one screen.

If you still have issues when plugging the 3rd monitor, we recommend you contact Microsoft support for more accurate troubleshooting.

We remain at your disposal if you require any further details.

Kind regards,
      Slim

Promethean Technical Support

Brian DutkoBrian Dutko
      Participant

Can you provide a link to the article?

Michael PrometheanMichael Promethean
      Senior Moderator

Hi Brian,

Apologies for the missing link. You will find the article here

Thanks,

Michael

Promethean Support

Gerry DayGerry Day
      Participant

The specs of your laptop must also be taken into consideration. The video cards, if basic on board video, may not be able to handle the additional input. The motherboard may  not be able to handle that much additional input as well and it shuts down touch in order to have the ability to push out additional video/images to another display.

The laptop itself may be your limiting factor. The larger the screen, the more power is needed to project images. Projecting to two normal monitors is different than your laptop display, an ActivPanel, and an additional monitor.

Hope that all makes sense.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.