March 29, 2021 at 5:47 pm #33098Brian DutkoParticipant
When a laptop is hooked up to my promethean board we are able to extend the screen and still use the touch screen function. I tried hooking an additional monitor to my laptop to have 3 screens, but when I did this, I lost the touch screen functionality on my promethean board. Any thoughts why this may have happened?
March 30, 2021 at 1:40 pm #33114Slim PrometheanModerator
Thank you for your post.
We kindly invite you to visit our support article for more information on Windows Extended Desktop on Promethean Hardware.
It’s worth noting that Windows only supports stylus, touch and palm erase inputs in extended desktop. Mouse inputs in extended desktop are thus not supported as they cannot be configured for more than one screen.
If you still have issues when plugging the 3rd monitor, we recommend you contact Microsoft support for more accurate troubleshooting.
We remain at your disposal if you require any further details.
Promethean Technical Support
March 30, 2021 at 1:54 pm #33116Brian DutkoParticipant
Can you provide a link to the article?
March 30, 2021 at 2:42 pm #33121
April 6, 2021 at 4:26 pm #33187Gerry DayParticipant
The specs of your laptop must also be taken into consideration. The video cards, if basic on board video, may not be able to handle the additional input. The motherboard may not be able to handle that much additional input as well and it shuts down touch in order to have the ability to push out additional video/images to another display.
The laptop itself may be your limiting factor. The larger the screen, the more power is needed to project images. Projecting to two normal monitors is different than your laptop display, an ActivPanel, and an additional monitor.
Hope that all makes sense.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Release notes for ClassFlow v6.13 (US release 29 January 2021 / Global release 5 February 2021)
- Release notes for ActivInspire v2.21 (released 5 January 2021)
- Release notes for ActivPanel Elements Series v4.3.0 (released 16 December 2020) and v4.3.1 (released 7 January 2021)
- Release notes for myPromethean portal v1.4 (released 2 December 2020)
- Release notes for ActivConnect OPS-G v2.4.4 (released 16 October 2020)