- This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years, 5 months ago by Anonymous.
September 18, 2015 at 12:30 pm #913Luke FletcherParticipant
When I try to open a flipchart from my computer a box appears asking me to choose from a number of things to open my flipchart but active inspire is not one of them. I can however open the flip charts directly from active inspire when it is open?
I have a few older programmes to do with active inspire/studio should I remove everything and start a fresh?
September 18, 2015 at 3:37 pm #5495AnonymousInactive
In this case, it sounds like we need to tell the computer to
associate flipchart files with the ActivInspire software.
To do so, Right-click (or CTRL + Click in OS X) on the file
in question and choose ‘Open With’ from the menu that appears, then either “Choose
Default Program…” (In Windows) or “Other…” (In OS X).
In the window that appears for Windows, click on the ‘Browse’
button and use the browsing window that appears to navigate to C:Program
FilesActiv SoftwareInspire and choose the Inspire application in that
folder. Click on ‘open’ to add it to the
list of software in the previous window and select it as the program to use in
opening the file. Please also make sure
that the box called “Always use the selected program to open this kind of file”
is checked before clicking ‘OK’.
For the similar window in OS X, navigate to ApplicationsPrometheanActivsoftware
Inspire and choose the Inspire application in that folder. Make sure that the “Always Open With” box is
checked before clicking ‘Open’.
In both cases, the Operating System should then recognize
that .flipchart files are to be opened with the ActivInspire software.
(Support Case 00580236)
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Release notes for ClassFlow v6.13 (US release 29 January 2021 / Global release 5 February 2021)
- Release notes for ActivInspire v2.21 (released 5 January 2021)
- Release notes for ActivPanel Elements Series v4.3.0 (released 16 December 2020) and v4.3.1 (released 7 January 2021)
- Release notes for myPromethean portal v1.4 (released 2 December 2020)
- Release notes for ActivConnect OPS-G v2.4.4 (released 16 October 2020)