Software Solutions

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Adam K Promethean Adam K Promethean 2 months ago.

• Author
    peg h
    peg h
    Participant

I’m using Mac and I’m trying to configure Promethean for 4k resolution. I have installed ActiveDriver but in the Display setting of the Mac, I can’t find the appropriate resolution for 4k display. Can anyone help me? Thanks.

Hi Peg,

Thanks for posting on the Support Community.

If you are using an ActivPanel, please ensure that you have a 4K ActivPanel. This can be confirmed in the model number near the ActivPanels serial number. For example AP4-75-4K.

If your Mac is using any adapters to then connect to your display, ensure that these support 4K inputs as some third party adapters may not support this resolution. Please also ensure that your Mac also supports 4K resolutions.

Kind regards,

Adam

Promethean Support

peg h
    peg h
    Participant

Hi Adam,

I checked and AP4-75-4K. is already installed. There is no adapter connected to the Mac. Is there any other solution? Also, is there a possibility that the drivers for Mac should be updated by Promethean?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Peg,

If you do not see a 4K resolution that you can change in your Display Settings to, this may indicate that the hardware is not compatible to display 4K content.

If your Mac is compatible to display a 4K resolution, you will need to choose this option 3840 x 2160 under Displays>Resolutions>Scaled>3840 x 2160 and apply these changes.

Promethean does not perform any updates to devices such as your Mac. We’d recommend referring to your IT/Network administrator for this.

If you require the ActivDriver, this can be downloaded here:
    https://support.prometheanworld.com/download/45731/

I hope this helps.

Adam
    Promethean Support

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.