Interactive Flat Panels

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Adam K Promethean Adam K Promethean 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author
    IT_Guy
    IT_Guy
    Participant

I have ran into a ton of issues with video conferencing via the ActivConnect G.  With Skype for Business I’ve had to downgrade the app to get the camera to work and with Zoom I can get the video to work, but not able to transmit audio.  Is there something I am missing or is this just a known problem with the Android TV boxes?  Seems like the USB Camera/Microphones just have a ton of problems.  Let me know your thoughts or solutions if you know of any.  Really trying to get Zoom to function for a special situation.  Thanks in advance.

Shawn

Hi IT_Guy,

The application may have been designed around mobile phone and tablet devices that have built in microphones and cameras, which is why you may get one work and not the other.

Have you tried Skype Lite at all as this has recently been released?

If not, this could potentially be a setting on the application.
    You may be best to reach out to the developers and see if there is any further recommendations they have for their application.

Kind regards,

Adam
    Promethean Support

IT Support
    IT Support
    Participant

Hi guys,

We have the same issue using cameras with videoconferencing. This is our thread: https://community.prometheanworld.com/forums/topic/webcam/#post-15715

Adam: please read all the messages, we already talk about the options in the apps and it not exists. Google Duo is not a solution (offer one app the teachers, they will kill us). What firmware are you using right now?

We will create a video showing what we do, maybe it helps.

Hi,

I’ve responded to your message on your thread.

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Promethean Support

IT_Guy
      IT_Guy
      Participant

Yes, if you could show me a video of solution(s) you have found that would be great.  I would really like to you Skype for Business or Zoom but I’m open to any other solutions.  Thanks.

Shawn

IT_Guy
      IT_Guy
      Participant

Using version 2.3

Hi IT_Guy,

Thanks for your reply.

We had previously tried Skype Lite which worked (once changing the camera to the rear position), however it appears that this may not be the case for everyone (see related thread).

We would recommend contacting the developers of the app for further advise if you have issues.

Thanks,

Adam

Promethean Support

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.