Interactive Flat Panels

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Adam K Promethean Adam K Promethean 1 week, 5 days ago.

• Author
    Susan G
    Susan G
    Participant

I have an ActivPanel ACON1-OPS which was installed last Thursday.

Initially, the audio on videos I showed was lagging behind. Updating Opera resolved this problem.

Now when I play videos fullscreen on Opera (or Chrome), the videos are very choppy and unwatchable.

I initially thought it was my wifi, so I directly connected an ethernet cable to my board. It did not resolve the issue.

I have made sure my OS is updated. I have read on other sites to turn off hardware acceleration, but have not been able to find the setting to do this.

Would love to  be able to resolve this problem.

Hi Susan G,

Thanks for posting on the Support Community.

So we can test this exact issue, please can you confirm the software version you are using on the OPS-G (found on the Update app) and let us know the exact steps to help replicate this issue.

Please also let us know what the HDMI Resolution (Settings>Display>HDMI Resolution) is currently set to as this can sometimes affect the playback of videos.

Many thanks,
    Adam
    Promethean Support

Susan G
    Susan G
    Participant

Running version 2.3.0.4

Using Opera (or Chrome), we are accessing https://www.cnn.com/cnn10

On the page, the video plays fine until I click it into full screen mode, at which time the audio and video jump and make it unwatchable.

HDMI resolution is set to Auto

This is happening on multiple boards at our school.

Thanks for your help.

Susan

Hi Susan,

Thanks for your reply and letting us know.

I will investigate this issue with our second level team as I am able to replicate this issue.

This may require for this to be looked at by our software development team should this need fixing on the backend.

Thanks.

Adam
    Promethean Support

Hi Susan,

I’ve spoken to our team here and they have informed me that this will need to be looked at from our development team to investigate the cause of this issue and will need resolving in a future update.

We do not have an ETA for when this will be completed, however please visit the announcement section of the forum where you can subscribe to new updates.

Many thanks

Adam

Promethean Support

Sara Morgan
    Sara Morgan
    Participant

Is there any update on this issue??? We experience the same problem but only when using Opera or Chrome. If we are hardwired to the Promethean (displaying from the computer it works fine).

Hi Sara,

We do not have any updates for this issue and it is still with our development team.

I will raise your request on to the current development ticket to increase the awareness of this.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Promethean Support

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.