Software Solutions

This topic contains 28 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by Wendy Promethean Wendy 4 days, 17 hours ago.

• Author
    Michael Adams
    Michael Adams
    Participant

I always had it set to not appear on startup, but I can’t find that option with the newest version.

Also, it would be very helpful if you would display the dates of the last update on the threads of this forum.  I searched a few pages deep to try and see if this question had been answered.  I would have saved a lot of time if I realized my search went as far back as a year.

Hi Michael Adams,

Thanks for posting.

For your post, are you referring to the ActivInspire Dashboard?

If so, this has recently changed to include the new updated dashboard which includes new features within ActivInspire such as the Activities.
    If you’d like, we can raise an enhancement for the new Dashboard to be able to turn this off like in previous versions.

If you are referring to a different piece of software, please let me know.

We’ll raise your suggestion for the Community with our Web team to see if this is possible.

Thanks,
    Adam

Promethean Support
    Case 01025643

Adam Udell
      Adam Udell
      Participant

Hi Adam K,

I know I am talking about the Dashboard (little rocket ship) that now comes up at start up and really slows down my machine and interrupts my work flow.  PLEASE  put in the checkbox so I can stop it from popping up like in the last  version!

Michael Adams
    Michael Adams
    Participant

I was referring to the Activinspire Dashboard.  I really liked the option of being able to disable it upon startup of Activinspire.  Thanks!

Thank you for that Feedback.

We will raise this with our next level support team to pass along as a possible enhancement to the ActivInspire software, which would be implemented in a future release of that software.  Such a release would be announced on our Support Website and on this Support Community.

Alicia Peterson
    Alicia Peterson
    Participant

Hi,

I just searched the community for this topic and wanted to add my vote for an option to not display the dashboard on opening as well!    The dashboard is fine, but I prefer to not have to close it every single day.

Thank you!

Hi Alicia Peterson,

Thanks for posting.

We welcome all feedback and suggestions on ActivInspire.

We’ll add your request to the current development ticket with our software team to review and hopefully implement in the future.

Thanks,
    Adam

Promethean Support

Hi, I also want to vote for a QUICK solution to disable the Dashboard on start-up again.

I get lots of negative feedbacks from the teachers at our School and I can’t offer them a solution.

So it’s up to you to solve this really quick with a small patch.

Hi Soenke Müller-Voigt,

Thanks for posting.

We will add your feedback to the development ticket.

If you would also ask for those teachers who’ve commented on this to help post in response to this thread, we can add these too to increase the awareness of this request.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Promethean Technical Support

Gary OConnor
    Gary OConnor
    Participant

I too have a lot of disgruntled teachers asking me if I can disable the dashboard. Please give us an update soon.

Hi Gary,

Thanks for your reply post.

Do you know how many teachers have provided you with this feedback?

We can help to raise this with our software development team however numbers of users affected by this can help to increase the awareness.

Thanks

Adam

Promethean Support

Gary OConnor
    Gary OConnor
    Participant

Hi Adam,

We have the latest Promethean 86″ 4K  ActivPanels in 33 classrooms, in use by about 40 teachers throughout the day;  I’m at an academy in Qatar.

Thanks

Hi Gary,

Thanks for posting.

I’ll raise these numbers with our software team.

We’ll announce any changes on the Support Community, you can subscribe to the announcement section on the community to be notified.

Thanks

Adam

Promethean Support

Glenn James
    Glenn James
    Participant

Hi,

Any chance you could set the default to not display the dashboard at all? Staff have no idea what it is for and really aren’t interested in the dashboard. They just want to open the app and crack on with the lesson.

Glenn

Hi Glenn,

Thanks for the post.

We’ll raise this with our development team too.

Thanks

Adam
    Promethean Support

Troy G
    Troy G
    Participant

Hello. I would also like to request to have the Dashboard pop-up disabled ASAP. It is very, very, very annoying. Please let the user determine how to use the software. I don’t mind having to push the blue rocket ship button, but forcing the pop-up by default, which wasn’t the default behaviour before, was a poor choice for the user. Not being able to disable it is a poor choice by the software designers.

Hi Troy,

Thanks for posting.

I’ll relay this request on to our software department.

Thanks

Adam

Promethean Support

Shon Hargis
    Shon Hargis
    Participant

Please add me to the list of people who would like an option to disable the Dashboard. It is very annoying!

Hi Shon Hargis,

Thanks for posting.

I’ll be sure to add to the ticket.
    Feel free to subscribe to the Announcement section on the Community for future updates.

Thanks

Adam

Promethean Support

William Muth
    William Muth
    Participant

Not being able to disable the dashboard is very annoying.  We have this deployed on hundreds of laptops in our school district.  It is very confusing for the younger students and annoying to the teachers who use this application every single day.  I hope an update is coming soon!

Hi William,

Thanks for posting.

We will add your request to the development ticket.

Feel free to subscribe to the Announcement section on the Community for future updates.

Thanks

Adam

Promethean Support

Troy G
    Troy G
    Participant

Has there been any progress on this ANNOYING addition to the software?

Every user has posted that they don’t like it in this thread. The original complaint was on August 1st. We are nearing November 1st in a couple of weeks.

While no expert in software development, I know that making the new feature “optional” or at least “no on by default” is NOT a difficult coding chore. Honestly, it’s probably a before lunchtime project on any given day.

Frankly, as someone that uses the software EVERY day, the pop-up/change to how it was completely SUCKS. The lack of action by the development team sucks even more.

Hi Troy,

Thank you for your post.

We do acknowledge all feedback that is given to our development teams and this is looked at in sprints in the softwares development cycle (not just ActivInspire).

I have raised your concerns to our internal teams. We apologise for the inconvenience caused for not having this option to disable by default.

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Promethean Support

Margaret Schmitten
    Margaret Schmitten
    Participant

Hi,

I see this thread is a few months old.  Any progress or an estimated time frame?

Thank you

Hi Margaret.

Thanks for your reply.

We haven’t got an update yet however I will pass your request onto the development team to increase the awareness of this request.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Promethean Support

Andy Mangrum
    Andy Mangrum
    Participant

Hello, I would also like to add my concern for not being able to disable the dashboard at startup. Turning this off should be a standard feature. It simply slows down the teaching process, which is never a good thing. Does the development team ever reply back with “We hear the concerns” or does it just go into a black box? It seems this concern has been raised to them for 4 months now with no reply. I understand it can take time to update software, but a reply would be nice letting us know if they intend to resolve this or if it is not even on the roadmap. I don’t want to keep waiting for something that is not coming.  Thank you!!!

Wendy Promethean
    Wendy

Hi Andy,

Thank you for your thoughts, I absolutely understand where you are coming from and why it might seem like a long time. The Software updates are scheduled to specific time-frames and usually happen twice a year, so that is where the several months will come from.

As for the Dashboard option:  All the recent new features for ActivInspire can only be accessed through the Dashboard, so this is why the option to turn it off was initially not included to provide the best visibility for the updates.

This is definitely an option that is being developed for a future release and I’d be happy to add your vote to it 🙂

Thank you!

Wendy

Troy G
    Troy G
    Participant

Hello. Today is December 11, 2019. I use ActivInspire every day. I, like many other users that have teken the time to post in this thread, continue to be annoyed EVERY DAY. This thread was started on August 1, 2019 at 2:00 am.

>>The Software updates are scheduled to specific time-frames and usually happen twice a year, so that is where the several months will come from.

Unfortunately, this is a poor excuse and shows a lack of understanding. Disabling the dashboard at startup is NOT a difficult, complicated, labour intensive or time-consuming programming chore. Insinuating things don’t get fixed/changed unless they happen to catch a bi-yearly update window in the schedule is insulting and not really an honest answer.

This issue has been a customer/user fail. But the bigger fail has been by the inaction taken by the programming team.

Wendy Promethean
    Wendy

Hi Troy,

Thank you for your thoughts. I can certainly understand how it might be perceived that way.

The “Software updates are scheduled to specific time-frames and usually happen twice a year, so that is where the several months will come from” part of that statement was aimed at bug fixes and supporting new operating systems like the Catalina update for Mac.

For Enhancement requests, like the disabling of a Dashboard specifically implemented to highlight new Features added to the ActivInspire software, will happen at Promethean’s discretion.

The software is offered at no extra cost with our Promethean Displays and while I absolutely appreciate that clicking away the dashboard once at the start of the software is just an extra step you could do without, it just does not have the same priority as, say a text input issue.

Every bit of feedback is carefully recorded and collected and given our full attention, it’s definitely not falling on deaf ears. Please do keep sharing your thoughts and experiences as this allows us to keep reviewing the software and make changes as and when we are able.

Thank you!

Kind regards,

Wendy

Promethean Technical Support

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.