Interactive Flat Panels
Viewing 22 reply threads
  • Author
      TuhinTuhin
      Participant

Why do my fonts get truncated  when I open up  a flipchart in active inspire . I am using windows 10 

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello Tuhin,

Thank you for your post.

We currently do not support Windows 10 with ActivInspire. Can you please confirm if you have the same issue with another version of Windows?

We look forward to hearing from you.

Craig

Anonymous
      Inactive

Dear Craig ,
                         Thanks but I am really curious to know as to when  do you intend to Support  ActiveInspire in windows 10 .

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello Tuhin,

Thank you for your post.

Our software team are currently looking into ActivInspire and Windows 10. At this time I am unable to offer a date when / if we will support Windows 10.

Any updates will be released on our website.

Thank you,

Craig

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thank you Craig . Looking forward to a quick solution . Cheerio

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello Tuhin,

We have released ActivInspire v2.5.66477 to enable you to use ActivInspire with Windows 10.

Please update your current version or install a new version by downloading directly from out website.

If you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Craig

Promethean Tech Support.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Craig , I have version 2.4.66096 . But when i say update , it says that your software is upto date  for your language . Please check out the two screen shots attached.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

We would recommend uninstalling the current version of ActivInspire from the computer and downloading ActivInspire from the below link:
      https://support.prometheanworld.com/download/activinspire.html

If you are still experiencing the same issue, please could you provide a screenshot of the issue?

I hope this information helps.

Kind regards,
      Adam
      Promethean Technical Support

Anonymous
      Inactive

Dear Adam ,    
                            I have installed the VERSION of active inspire as suggested by you . But the problem remains . I have attached a screen shot . Only after I click on the text box does the entire text get revealed.

thanks
      Tuhin 

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi,

Thank you for your post.

At the top right corner of ActivInspire there is a dropdown which enables you to change the size of the page – please check if the issue happens with all of them or just specific ones.

Also, please confirm which type of device you are using? Tablet, laptop, desktop?

Thank you for your cooperation.

Miguel

Anonymous
      Inactive

Dear Miguel ,
                                 tried all the combinations of the page sizes. The problem remains.Tried out the solution given in the folowing links https://community.prometheanworld.com/community/topics/font-is-cut-off-in-flip-charts and https://community.prometheanworld.com/community/topics/text-is-cropped-strangely-in-text-boxes-creat…. Doesn’t Work … I have an HP Laptop running windows 10.

Thanks
      Tuhin 

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi,

We will send you a private email as we may need to do a remote session in order to assist you further.

Thank you

Miguel

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello
      Has a solution been found for this problem yet because I have the same issue

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi , 
                Not as yet .

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi 

This problem is not just for Windows10, it is also an issue for windows 8 – is it a resolution issue?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi all,

Please see the video on the below link:
      https://promethean.box.com/s/4y5n7obmwm3np4zb8gum31f4wx99jshi

When changing the settings, you will be required to sign out. Please sign out for these changes to take effect.

This is the work around for any issues relating to text being cut off/truncated.

Kind regards,
      Adam

Anonymous
      Inactive

Dear Adam , Thank you for this work around !!! But hope to see a proper fix for this problem soon. Tuhin

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thanks a lot. The point is that the rest of any symbols is quite tiny now on my laptop, so a normal working is difficult now. Is there any other solution?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello,

To resolve the issue please follow the below process –

1. Apply the workaround to get the text boxes working.

2. Decrease the screen resolution, until one is suitable for you.

If you have any problems please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you,

Craig

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello  Craig ,
                           I have applied the workaround and  the text boxes are working . The normal resolution I work at is 1920 X 1080 , but at this resolution the  icons become tiny . So . I have had to resort to using a resolution of  1600 X 900 ( the icons are still small) and at 1366 X 768 the icons are readable but the display is not really  as crisp as I would like it  to be . (  I use a couple of photo editing softwares).

I would love to have a proper solution to the problem , instead of a workaround .

With warm regards,

Tuhin

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi,

When using higher resolutions on Surface Pro’s (and other computers) Microsoft has come up with the solution of changing text and icon size by 150% so users can see icons at the higher resolutions.

The one solution is to change to 100%. The other solution you can try is to leave it at 150% and adjust all the text boxes in the flipchart. This way you can have larger icon size and text that fits.

This is the current solution until a fix is available, however we don’t have a date for it yet.

Thank you

Miguel

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi. Has a solution to this problem been found? I am running Windows 10 on an MSI laptop and all the text boxes are cut off or truncated. I think some pictures are too. Please help!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi EricWade,

Thank you for your post. 

To help with this issue please take a look at the below support article:

https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/?kb=1569

This is the same workaround but currently, we have no other solutions. 

Thank you,

Craig 

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.