Interactive Whiteboards
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Gareth EdmondsonGareth Edmondson
      Participant

Dear All,

I have been following the threads regarding older boards and Windows 10 1903. Am I right in assuming that these boards will not work with 1909 and later either?

We have a Windows 10 machine – USB connection to the board. The board is recognised as being plugged in but Device Manager informs us that the board is not identifying itself properly.

I’ve looked to upgrade the firmware and it looks to download but the software then tells me this board cannot be updated.

Any advice would be welcome here. We have several old boards than we will never be able to afford to replace – not working with Windows 10 is not an option.

Many thanks

Gareth

Participant

Here is some board information:

The board is USB
      Firmware is reported as V2.63 Build 0
      Driver Version is 5.8.46.3
      ID is 1
      The serial number field does not show.
      The software driver on the W7 machine shows 5.8.19 which is the latest

Taking the board off the wall tells me:

Model Number/Product Code: PRM-AB1-01
      Serial Number: [Removed by Promethean]

Internet firmware update tells me there is no update available. Is there a file that would help?

Thanks

Gareth

Adam H PrometheanAdam H Promethean
      Senior Moderator

Hi Gareth,

Thanks for your post. Please can you explain in more detail what the issue is? Is the ActivBoard detected in the control panel of ActivManager as expected? What do you see exactly in Windows Device Manager? Are you able to use the ActivBoard correctly? Does your computer crash in any way?

Please note that this model of ActivBoard is no longer supported on Windows 10 1903 or above as explained here: https://community.prometheanworld.com/forums/topic/update-to-1st-generation-2nd-generation-ab100-ab300-ab500-bsod-windows-10-1903/

We would recommend using a computer with Windows 10 prior to 1903 or an alternative operating system.

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Kind regards
      Adam H

Participant

Hi @Adam H – the answer was a simple one. We have replaced the cable on the board for a serial one. Whilst USB is not working, the Serial connection is. So – Windows 1909 is working fine with this board as long as you use a serial cable.

Hope this helps other people.

Gareth

Craig PrometheanCraig Promethean

Hello Gareth,

That’s great. Thank you for sharing.

Kind regards,

Craig

scott noursescott nourse
      Participant

The link for the unsupported driver points to a “this item has been removed” page.

Is this driver available in another location?

Thanks!

Craig PrometheanCraig Promethean

Hello Scott,

Please accept our apologies, please use one of the below links:

x64-https://promethean.my.salesforce.com/sfc/p/3000000002Zt/a/6f000000DS2K/qugvcuqF.lcw6VvNU92QnwbUzt_CpxY6L.61O3Z6.wI

x86 –
      https://promethean.my.salesforce.com/sfc/p/3000000002Zt/a/6f000000DS2k/tmoCya_hLuZQjxzPkGMibIXMITVuAF.KnN82wbaVGeI

Kind regards,

Craig

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.